No announcement yet.

My N-body code sucks ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's interesting to watch the evolution because those periodic boundary conditions allow the "asteroid" move of transporting from one side of the "universe" to the other.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Physics nerd
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        HAAHAAAAAAAA

THAT WAS IT

Comment

It's interesting to watch the evolution because those periodic boundary conditions allow the "asteroid" move of transporting from one side of the "universe" to the other.

THE UNIVERSE IS A DONUT!

RUN!!!
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

THE UNIVERSE IS A DONUT!

RUN!!!
            What's the point in running if I'll end up exactly where I started?

Comment

42 !!!
              What?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny

Um...exercise?
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny

Run in an appropriate angle, and you'll never end up exactly where you started.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

HAAHAAAAAAAA

THAT WAS IT
                    So what you're saying is that you had too many 'rules and regulations' and things didnt work but you insert a little 'entropy' and they do.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Entropy is a bastard, but nothing can change that really...
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Unfortunately, my particles don't appear to be coupling. They're just sort of sitting there.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Run in an appropriate angle, and you'll never end up exactly where you started.
                          In a computer simulation with discrete points you will.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

So what you're saying is that you had too many 'rules and regulations' and things didnt work but you insert a little 'entropy' and they do.
                            No. What I'm saying is that there is a hand-waving factor in front of the perturbation taken according to the Zeldovich approximation for a CDM spectrum. I had set that factor two orders of magnitude too low to start.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

In a computer simulation with discrete points you will.
                              Certainly, but that wasn't what I was refering to.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                                Physics nerd
                                Nerds:

Comment

Working...
                                X