Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But You're Supposed to Protect Me!!

An oldie but a goodie.

Funny videos, fail videos, funny pictures, funny galleries, funny links, flash games, jokes, caption contests, photoshop contests

Too long for my limited uni student concentration span.

Comment

Take your drugs and click that link, damnit!

Comment

Me not druggie scum!

Comment

(but long)

Comment

Re: But You're Supposed to Protect Me!!

Originally posted by Verto
            An oldie but a goodie.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bk.html
            This call perfectly displays why the stuck up, spoiled, stupid bastards of Orange County are made fun of by just about everyone else in Southern California. Basically a kid who grows up there ends up existing in a la-la-land where everyone is given a new BMW on their 16th birthday, parents who don't give their kids at least a $1000 per month allowance by the time they're 14 are considered stingy, and child abuse means not by the latest pair of Lois Viton (or how ever you spell that crap) $250 pair of jeans.

Basically these poor dumb spoiled children end up calling 911 when Burger King won't give them what they want. They really are that disconnected from reality and this recording isn't the first stupid blond chick from OC to do something like this.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW since both of my parents grew up in OC and both my sister and I were born in OC I feel I am qualified to throw rocks at my own people. Luckily, my parents moved to San Diego where the mentality is much closer to reality compared to our neighbors to the north though both of my grandparents remained in the Newport Beach area for the rest of their lives and we'd visit them regularly.

It was enough for me to observe the stupid local cultural traits without actually absorbing them myself.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tried listening to it. Accent, talking speed and audio quality make it incomprehensible for me.

(I'm from yurop)
                Last edited by Ecthy; December 20, 2005, 12:36.

Comment

The audio quality is pretty bad, yes.

I listened to the first bit or so, and I find it seriously hard not to think it's a setup.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Basically these poor dumb spoiled children end up calling 911 when Burger King won't give them what they want. They really are that disconnected from reality and this recording isn't the first stupid blond chick from OC to do something like this.

You know, Oerdin, it would help if you would actually listen to the stupid thing before using it as the basis of yet another ill-informed rant.

The person calling is not a child. It's an adult woman with children.

In short: your rant should've been about stupid Californians, not stupid OC children.

Comment

"Stupid Californian" is a tautology. That's why they had to bring in an Austrian to rule them. Unfortunately, they're so stupid they forgot to ask previous customers whether that was a good idea.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Amen John

People jumping to ageist conclusions with no cause

Sadly blaming youth for the errors of their elders with little or no reason is par for the course in America nowadays.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                          Tried listening to it. Accent, talking speed and audio quality make it incomprehensible for me.

(I'm from yurop)
                          It isn't hifi quality, but not that diff to understand. It might be a setup/fake - the officer is pretty close to break into laugh - especially at the end, there is a clear smile in her voice.

Oh, Echty, you should be the last to talk about accent, talking speed and incomprehensibility . I have a couple of times zapped into some german syncronized Marx Brothers films on german channels - talk about scary experience - how the heck do you people manage to pronounce german words in such a speed ?
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Wouldn't the telephone operator threaten the idiot with a fine for wasting police time?

Comment

I suspect they have better things to do than to mess around with such trivialities
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                              X