Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and A Brief History of Time

Watch the DVD for Prisoner of Azakaban.

Check out the scene where Harry, just off the Knights bus, enters the Leaky Cauldron. A wizard is sitting at a table reading a book. Check the book.

Yup, its A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawkings.

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Wow, things just go from bad to worse with this franchise. First, it glamourizes and glorifies devil-worship with its focus on evil magic, and now it has its main character holding a book by a liberal, east-coast intellectual? One that has the gall to say that god is a sinful gambler and ridicules the Theory of Intelligent Falling?

Satanists.
    B♭3

Comment

Stephen Hawkings is English, not an east coast American.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I was so hoping this was going to be a parody.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          My dear doctor, it pains me to say this, but it's precisely because he's English that he's a sublime example of a liberal, namby-pamby East Coast intellectual. What is more East Coast than intellectual (New) Havens on the New World's East Cost? Why, those intellectuals in the old institutionalized havens of England, Germany, and France, which are, by all accounts, east of the East Coast.

And they wonder why Americans fail in geography.

At least you're wise enough not to contest how evil Hawking is for claiming that God is some lecherous, sinful, wicked gambler.

Bring back Jesus in the schools and educate our children in the Theories of Intelligent {Falling, Design}! We'll learn 'em good, and teach 'em to stomp out the devil-worshipping Harry Potter in their hearts!
          B♭3

Comment

BHoT is a ****ty book IMO (and Hawkings is an overrated physicist). For a more or less qualitative intro to cosmology, Wheeler's "Spacetime Physics" is much better.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              I'm sure you mean to say that England is not the east coast of America...yet.

Comment

Re: Harry Potter and A Brief History of Time

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                Watch the DVD for Prisoner of Azakaban.

Check out the scene where Harry, just off the Knights bus, enters the Leaky Cauldron. A wizard is sitting at a table reading a book. Check the book.

Yup, its A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawkings.
                I saw that the first time I watched the movie. Quite amusing really.

Comment

Re: Re: Harry Potter and A Brief History of Time

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I saw that the first time I watched the movie. Quite amusing really.
                  Yeah, esp when you consider the trick by which the plot is tied up at the end
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                  X