Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Ranger, you aksed for sources for my statments:

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    China has killed through execution, torture and starvation - as many as 1.2 million people.

140,000 Tibetans are in exile in India.

Chinese have emmigrated into Tibet to such an extent that Tibetans are now the minority in their own country.

Chinese are given preferences for jobs over Tibetans.

Yep, sounds like Tibetans are doing just peachy.
    Points 1 & 2 come from the article quoted in the first post of this thread.
    Points 3 & 4 come from a friend of my who just got back from Tibet a couple of weeks ago. (I also heard this once before awhile back but I can't remember from where.)

Comment

Who's forgotten the Tibettans?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Everyone who matters.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

confusing "forgetting" with "not caring"
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

They may "remember" the plight of Tibet the same way they remember that Sappho was a Greek poet, but it's so off the agenda it's effectively forgotten.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

oh no. When someone forgets something, you can remind them - and then it's important again. When someone doesn't care, OTOH....
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

btw, all of this doesn't mean I am siding with the Tibetans and their cause. far from it.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                  oh no. When someone forgets something, you can remind them - and then it's important again. When someone doesn't care, OTOH....
                  You know, we sane people are regularly reminded of things we don't care about at all.

Comment

And of course, this misery is brought to you courtesy of the WalMart-PRC Axis of Evil.

Comment

Well, we'll never see UR in this thread again.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                        btw, all of this doesn't mean I am siding with the Tibetans and their cause. far from it.
                        Well, then, it's a good thing Israel has more pull with the "big boys," isn't it?

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                        X