Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon suffered a mild stroke

breaking news.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

With his bulk, not a surprise. He's lucky not to have been done in by a heart attack already.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sharon taken to hospital after stroke
      Condition of Israeli prime minister improving, doctor says

Sunday, December 18, 2005 Posted: 2042 GMT (0442 HKT)

story.1457.doctor.ch10.jpg
      Dr. Yuval Weiss says Sharon had a mild stroke and his condition has improved.

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was hospitalized Sunday after suffering a "mild stroke," but his condition has improved and he was expected to be released "shortly," a hospital official said.

A convoy carrying Sharon, 77, was just outside Jerusalem, en route to his ranch in the Negev Desert around 8 p.m. (1 p.m. ET), when he told aides he was not feeling well, a source in the prime minister's office said.

Israeli Channel 1 reported that Sharon called his son at 7:50 p.m. (11:50 a.m. ET) and told him he was not feeling well.

His convoy turned around and took him to Hadassah Ein Karem Hospital. Sharon never lost consciousness, hospital spokesman Ron Krumer said. (Watch a report on Sharon and ramifications for Israeli politics -- 2:38)

Israeli media said Sharon was wheeled into the hospital on a stretcher and was not lucid.

"The prime minister is conscious. He is undergoing tests. His condition is stable," a hospital official, Professor Shmuel Shapira, told Channel 1 television, according to the Haaretz newspaper.

Sharon -- nicknamed "The Bulldozer" -- had not been in ill health, though he is overweight. He was known for his stamina and long working hours.

Sharon has been prime minister since 2001. He recently broke with the Likud Party and is running for prime minister in an election scheduled for March 28.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why did Israel turn into a gerontocracy, anyway?
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

How will that affect his re-election i wonder, especially with the new party? Will this cause people to worry that if he dies, his party will collapse without his strength of will?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

His deaht would be untimely right now. Israel still needs this pragmatic for a bit more time, so that the revanchist resentment on Gaza dies down a bit.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
            X