Smart Ones Avoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Ones Avoid

The SOA rule applies to politics. Especially youth politics.

I argue that intelligent people rarely are drawn into politics and are more into science, arts or society in other means than pure politics.

Politics is, ultimately, the way. But politics is also the way that makes us blind to see the way. Because it's filled with players with agendas, it's filled with stupid people.

Case A. Let's make it known, I don't consider myself super intelligent but above average, absolutely, at least when it comes to science. Thus I have above average logical thinking skills, that do battle the illogical ones.

Logical vs Illogical is a tough one, since the illogical one does not recognize its own failures in the theory and argument. Furthemore, when I 'debated' the few people I did (IRL), they had no concept of what a proper argument is to begin with, this the debate becomes impossible.

Back to Case A, I peeled the skin and saw the core that is undoubtetly in most politically active young (and older) people's set of thinking and mind. While I do admire their activism, no matter what view, they are doing something. However, sometimes it seems like bunch of people gathering in place X and bumping each others heads, and no one is making sense. I argue that these kind of gatherings have 0 meaning. Absolutely no merit.

So.. I was debating, making a joke 'so you guys are hardcore leftists'. And it turned out to be they were ALL members. They took it so seriously, that it wasn't funny to them anymore, so you knowing me, I had to take pot shots. I just wanted to see if they were idiots or not.

Turned out they were idiots, except for one. They didn't have a single argument to back up their stand. NOTE! This is not left vs right. This is 'I'm allied, I follow, I don't think for myself'. So I asked 'why did you join?' .. the answer 'it's the only entity that is against all that is wrong in this world'. 'Uhm?' 'Yes, the greed and self destruction of society'. Ok.. typical rhetorics, can you elaborate, and I asked 'I'm not a member and furthermore I wouldn't even join you, does that mean I'm against equality and for personal greed?' 'Well, yes.'

What what what? If I'm not one of you, I'm basically against you? 'Basically, yes, peacefully of course'. Then I asked if this reminds, this argument, of anyone? I was of course referring to Bush, their arch enemy. They wouldn't recognize. Naturally, so deep in their own crap and hypocricy.

It wasn't all bad, because like I said, one of them was smart. And he was a cool dude too, even though I wouldn't agree with him on most things, it was all good and fun because he had great sense of humour and the ability to laugh at himself and his position. We joked about for so long, that I got the sense that he actually is not a blidn followed but a thinker. Granted, on the weird side for myself, but still, smart and cool dude. But the rest of them? I would execute them when the revolution starts .

So I had to defend my position, since they were insulted once I questioned them with 'ok explain me why you choose to join'. IT was a challenge, and since they coulnd't give me any real answer (except that one dude), they got all hostile and really defensive, and I wasn't attacking, just asking why? Suddenly I was super right wing *******. I told them I was not affiliated and in fact I think the party politics is what's wrong today and I'd rather not position myself with self fulfilled agenda makers but decide issue at a time what I think. It created even more hostility, except in that one dude who was the smart one.

Needless to say, I was not impressed. They were bigots, idiots, and didn't have a single argument, and wouldn't even know what an argument is since I asked for one and didn't get one, even from multiple requests.

So, I came to conclusion, that most that are politically active in their youth, are followers, not leaders. In politics, we need leaders, decision makers, policy makers, think tanks and NGOs, strategies, we don't need followers repeating some BS rhetorics that has absolutely no merit or truth in them, but bias and ... lack of thought.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

This is what is ultimately wrong in politics these days too, that parties can somehow buy values. And then you are against that value at least some way, if you aren't a member, or if you are so rude to say you don't want to join and that you don't think it makes it so when it is said.

It became clear that most people haven't asked themselves questions that are important, they read answers to them first, and somehow along the way it became the truth to them.

It's very judgemental, but most of all, it has no merit, it has no .. it has no truth in it.

If you claim something seriously, then that is based on something. I expect to hear it, and not just hear the same sentence repeated or 'because it is so'. I tried to figure out why I'm for personal greed, when I said I don't buy that on face value unless you back it up. Not a single argument was I given. That meant they haven't thought about it, they just read the answer before they thought about the question. Those kind of people can't change their views when facts arrive, they are sheep, they are what's ****ed up in politics and decision making.

I'd rather have pragmatic smart people making decisions than biased people who never thought about their view any further.

Kill leftie. Kill rightie. Kill Youth Politicians. Freaking idiots.. No wonder they are 'youth politics', because no one could take them seriously.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

You need to join Spiffor's party of True Card Carrying Eurocomunists

Comment

My point was, I'm not necessarily against you if you carry what ever membership. But if you just got it because you had nothing else to do that day, you know.. I can't take it seriously.

And it's not that I need 40 page document about why you think something, but little more than slogans and rhetorics would be cool.

Like for example, WTO is bad. OK... why do you think so? It makes the poor poorer and rich richer. OK.. and why do you think that happens? UMm UummM mumumumuuuumm I once read this article MUmummuum..

You know. Learn your stuff. It's clear that those people have no idea about other people's methods and ideas, but please, have an idea about your OWN stuff. Sheeps. Followers.
        In da butt.

Comment

You know, it's clear that they never really thought about it further than that, they just bought the commercials.

And no, I don't have to say why WTO is good or bad because I don't know anything about it, and that's why I never talk about it myself.

I take no stand. But if I ask why is it bad, and you have an answer, I expect some effort more than 'well our charismatic lesbo leader said so'.

In da butt.

Comment

What about when politics and science cross?

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Like for example, WTO is bad. OK... why do you think so? It makes the poor poorer and rich richer. OK.. and why do you think that happens? UMm UummM mumumumuuuumm I once read this article MUmummuum..
              The reason you will rarely get a good reply to that question is: macroeconomics is a complex and controversial field. I have dove into the subject (meaning: read a couple of wikipedia articles about it) for the specific purpose of looking smart in debates about it (or at least not being totally outsmarted). I still don't feel confident enough about the issue to debate it with charismatic lesbo leaders.

Comment

ecthy, hmm... what do you mean?

Vet, right, right.. and science is often that.. when you learn more, you realize how little you really know, and how much more you need to know, and how you barely scratched the surface.

But if your knowledge is the slogan and you know that WTO comes from World Trade Organization,... you know, how about some more than that.

There are always experts, novises and amateurs and such, but to have the passion to acquire more knowledge than just what is sold to you.. it's your responsibility if you claim to be active in politics, at least that's the way I feel about it. You're an amateur? Fine, cool, that's great. That's more than just knowing what the letters mean.
                In da butt.

Comment

Smart in what way? There are difefrent standards of intelligence. I would label a great musician as intelligent as a great scientist, but in a different manner.

Now, if the issue of one of being good at complex rational thought and so forth, one would figure that smart people, eing able to understand the importance of politics, would acitvely participate. That thay don't either undemrines the idea that they are so smart, or shows that there are various forms of intelligence.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The smart ones avoid getting headaches from youth politicians

Sure, I never claimed great musicians aren't intelligent.

I meant that if you repeat a slogan by someone else, and join their clan, and never question anything or explore your thoughts and the idea and the thing you are repeating, then you are sheep and stupid.
                    In da butt.

Comment

The smart ones avoid getting headaches from youth politicians

Sure, I never claimed great musicians aren't intelligent.

I meant that if you repeat a slogan by someone else, and join their clan, and never question anything or explore your thoughts and the idea and the thing you are repeating, then you are sheep and stupid.
                      What does that have to do with joining politics? The smart ones should be the ones making the slogans- thinking the new policies up. Otherwise, guess who will? the sheep, and it doesn't matter if they are sheep and stouid, if they are the ones with power as well.

Comment

Ugh. Yes, stupid people are also outside politics.

But I faced stupid young politics oriented people, THUS I talked about that.

Yes, repeat the slogan, if you know what it means.

Like I said. If someone comes to me and says I think the WTO is a bad idea and I ask them why do you think that, and they say 'because.. that's what I heard'. You know..

I'm trying to say this.. that if you join something, know what you are joining into. Learn, educate yourself, form an opinion based on that, nto because you memorized one slogan.

This should be easy to understand.
                        In da butt.

Comment

I study political science.

Comment

Pekka did you loose an arm wrestle against the charismatic lesbo-leader?

Comment

Ugh. Yes, stupid people are also outside politics.

But I faced stupid young politics oriented people, THUS I talked about that.

Yes, repeat the slogan, if you know what it means.

Like I said. If someone comes to me and says I think the WTO is a bad idea and I ask them why do you think that, and they say 'because.. that's what I heard'. You know..

I'm trying to say this.. that if you join something, know what you are joining into. Learn, educate yourself, form an opinion based on that, nto because you memorized one slogan.

This should be easy to understand.
                              Why should your prejudices and misconceptions be easy to understand for anyone who does not happen to have direct access to your mind!?!?

As for the second bit, what does that have to do with just politics? That seems a general attack against not doing critical thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X