• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Tiamat

Allow him the Honor and Dignity, to go Commando @ Christmas

It's..It's well..Liberating

Ahhh he does on special occasions
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
      Actually at Best Buy. It was listed $200 cheaper there than at future shop (which I know would have price matched if presented with the competitors price--)

Costco -- I don't think they carried the one we wanted and even if it were cheaper, it would have had to be a LOT cheaper to make it worthwhile for me to make the trip
      I asked 'cause on Saturday I was at Costco and was looking at a 23" LCD DVD with a slot-load DVD player on the right side of it. Can't recall the price.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I asked 'cause on Saturday I was at Costco and was looking at a 23" LCD DVD with a slot-load DVD player on the right side of it. Can't recall the price.

Thank you Asher

I just looked it up and it was the same one -- Toshiba and it is cheaper at Costco. But I will invoke Best Buys lowest price guarantee and they should refund me 110% of the difference.

The end result should be that I get it a few bucks cheaper than the costco price and from a store that was closer to me.

Thanks again
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

hmmmm

I called best buy and it seems their price guarantee would not be all that its cracked up to be.

Since Costco is membership based ( having to buy a membership), they don't consider them to be a competitor and don't match Costco's prices. arrgghhhh. Apparently Costco is not an "authorized dealer".

So now I might look into bestbuys return policy. It seems that the only way for me to take advantage of costco's price is to actually buy from costco .

Hmmm I'd need to buy a membership ( which could probably pay off if we make a few trips but when we were members before we didn't go enough to make it worthwhile) and make that trek into the SE (the closest Costco ).

Decisions decisions
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

How much is the price difference?

Futureshop.ca and Bestbuy.ca have it for 1299, Costco for 1199.

Did you pay 1299 for it? The $100 may be worth it.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Since Costco isn't really close to us (nearest is in NE, we're NW), what our family does is makes a trip about once a month Saturday at ~4pm. It's not too busy then, and afterwards you go for dinner at a restaurant. There are a lot of restaurants we don't get to go to a lot (Cactus Club Cafe, for example), so the excursion to Costco also lets us eat at different restaraunts. It's a nice excuse to leave the nice NW.

Comment

How much is the price difference?

Futureshop.ca and Bestbuy.ca have it for 1299, Costco for 1199.

Did you pay 1299 for it? The $100 may be worth it.
                Actually we are looking at slightly different ones I think since futureshop was 1299 but bestbuy was 1099 and costco is 949. Its the 23HLV85-- DVD TV combination.

So at 150 bucks its "worth it" monetarily so I'll go do it (after I call costco to ensure they have them in stock). My only hesitation was on the hassle of the whole thing. I have found as time passes I put more and more value on my time. I know for a fact if the price difference was 50 bucks I wouldn't make the effort (even if no costco membership was involved)

But 150 !! Buying ther membership is not that big a deal and something we might have done anyway.

and I thought I was done with shopping

Comment

Since Costco isn't really close to us (nearest is in NE, we're NW), what our family does is makes a trip about once a month Saturday at ~4pm. It's not too busy then, and afterwards you go for dinner at a restaurant. There are a lot of restaurants we don't get to go to a lot (Cactus Club Cafe, for example), so the excursion to Costco also lets us eat at different restaraunts. It's a nice excuse to leave the nice NW.

Thats the way we used to do costco excursions as well-- for us the one in SE is closest and we would bundle it with other things we wanted to do. Over time though we found we were just going less and less so we let the membership lapse. Mrs flubber went a couple of times with a friend who is a member and I guess we could convince them to go withy us to get the TV to avoid the mebership cost

Comment

Working...
                  X