Voice to Text inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice to Text inquiry

I am looking into purchasing a Voice to Text to do some creative writings, any suggestions?

Model?

Specs?

Any shortcomings I should be aware of?

One thing, I have not a microphone..

I have an Athlon 64 Bit processor (3400+), 1 gig ram and 180 gig HD

Also, is it possible to have a text to voice?

Like me typing a word and it coming out in a NON-Computer sounding mess?

Thanks in advance!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I used ViaVoice several years back. It worked okay.

It made it easy to get ideas down quickly, especially when you half wake up and three a.m. with a great idea but are not awake enough to type well.

At that time, there were a lot of corrections to make later...but that's probably gotten better over the years.

ViaVoice comes with a microphone.

Comment

Thanks

I bought a microphone today (Logitech) and will try the XP (MS Word) version to see how that works

Gramps

Comment

I type like a dream - I do not need such things
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking, found that the inbuilt MS Word version was far too innacurate. My mic is some sort of Logitec one not sure what make.
          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
            I use Dragon Naturally Speaking, found that the inbuilt MS Word version was far too innacurate. My mic is some sort of Logitec one not sure what make.
            I just went out and purchased Dragon Naturally Speaking 8 Standard

Now to get it installed

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              It made it easy to get ideas down quickly, especially when you half wake up and three a.m. with a great idea but are not awake enough to type well.
              That's what a notepad is for
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It takes a little getting used to but i am really enjoying this

I saved the story I was writing and forgot to shut the microphone off and it recorded me and my sweetie talking..lol..kinda funny when your not actually talking into the mic what it thinks it heard

Comment

Working...
                X