I Hate dancing ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate dancing ads

I have come across the final straw in my web tolerance hat...the dancing ad that intrudes on so many sites these days.

I'm sure you've seen them. You go to a site and are greeted by an animation that takes up the whole screen and you have to find the hidden "X" to close it.

and usually they don't appear until after a few seconds when you have gotten into looking thru the site for something!!!

I went to Roger Ebert's site to look up a review and this ***** starting dancing all over the screen in a sad attempt to sell something. I don't even remember what it was because all I could see was RED...and I scrambled for the "x".

My real question is: Does any advertiser actually think this is a good move??

If this happens to me, all that pops into my head is "I VOW to NEVER buy this scumbags product".

How can anyone think that crowbarring into your life , in an unexpected moment, is going to sell your product?

my guess is that it pisses off more people than it lures.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

maybe the goal is to get people to recognize the name... even if the ad pisses you off, you still get name or product recognition because the ad is so annoying..

I dunno..

Ming would know better.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

but the thing is, I totally ignore it and go for the x before I even know what the ad is advertising.

so, it fails.

And if I did get the name, unless I absolutely needed the product and no alternative was available, I would remember my anger and not buy it.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I bet your subconscious mind picks it up no matter what.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
          but the thing is, I totally ignore it and go for the x before I even know what the ad is advertising.

so, it fails.

And if I did get the name, unless I absolutely needed the product and no alternative was available, I would remember my anger and not buy it.
          Faster page loading, less memory usage and packed with features, the new Firefox is here.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If a site opens and you don't see how to close it: Alt+F4.

Comment

Vett, i'm talking about those ghostly animations that run across the screen, not a separate window that pops up.

Those I can handle. The ads I am talking about are like stealth bombers.

Comment

Aaah, the floating ones? Yeah, disgusting!

Comment

Oh come on, this thread was asking for it.
                  "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                  "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                  Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                    Aaah, the floating ones? Yeah, disgusting!
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Business men and women don't know how to reach out to people.

So they hire marketeers. But they have to be like businessmen/women, and so fail to reach out to people.

And so they create a creative department and place artists in there, who know how to reach out to the people.

The business man/woman will give the marketeer his/her most amazing idea (floating ads for example), the marketeer, sucking up to the boss, will agree and tell the artist TO DO IT.

The artist will shake his/her head, and 5 out of 10 will be brave enough to say this is a bad idea, 1 out of those 5 will give a reason.

But once all is said and done, the bosses idea will pass through, and the entire 'reaching out mission' fails and backfires.

My gf see's this almost everyday (she is the artist); in my job however, (I am also in the creative department), I have full power, so I am quick to tell my boss NO, BAD IDEA, and suggest another one, which he will submit to. He will submit, because there is no one (marketeers) in between me and the boss.
                      The company I am in is doing very well, the company my gf is in, is having daily troubles.

So it's all the marketeers fault.
                      be free

Comment

Re: I Hate dancing ads

Originally posted by vee4473
                        If this happens to me, all that pops into my head is "I VOW to NEVER buy this scumbags product".
                        My thoughts exactly.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

What ads?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You may think you will never buy it, but the statistics show otherwise. Even a bad commercial is better than no commercial - companies know it and live by it.

Comment

Oh ambassador, you are spoiling us.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X