• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    Well done Brazil and Argentina

Our grip on South America continues to erode
    Loonie left
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Loonie left
      The AECCP does not approve of the erosion of our iron grip on the lesser Americas
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I don't think they want to terminate their memberships. They might not like the IMF imposing conditions on their state spending, but they don't want to be out of the loop either.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Argentina

Manifest Destiny

Comment

whatI am interested in "who are those people"

The repayment decision also removes Argentina from political and IMF pressure to deal with the private creditors still holding $20 billion in defaulted debt, who did not sign on to its debt restructuring, analysts said.
            What private creditors are financing debts of countries?!? to the tune of 20 bn dollars ( by the looks of this that it only the part of creditors who did not sign the debt restructuring deals)
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

In the case of Argentina, private creditors were pensioners from Italy, Germany and other places mostly in Europe.

When shyt hit the fan "vulture" companies bought some of their bonds. Those "vulture" comapnies are specialized in waiting it out. They are hoping to get the full amount of money by going to courts in various countries and trying to seize Argentine assets, or they are hoping that eventually Argentine government will give in and pay them. In any case they stand to make a profit even if not repayed 100%, because they got those bonds for as low as single digits percentage of the face value.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Loonie left

Corporate Whores
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

Corporate Whores
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Loonies of the world, unite!
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Great news

Now they'll finally be able to developan economic policy that is adapted to their needs. And they are finally done with the fricking burden
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Complete economic ignorance

Comment

Monolithic interpretation of economics
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Please teach me, master. Where am I being ignorant here?
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

here: "Now they'll finally be able to developan economic policy that is adapted to their needs."

Comment

You a gad damned commie, that's where.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X