Secret Santa Gift Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Santa Gift Ideas

Tomorrow is the office secret santa gift exchange and I still haven't gotten my person a gift yet. Unfortunately, I drew my supervisor's name so this has to be a decent gift instead of the run of the mill gift certificate. I was leaning towards a bottle of wine but he doesn't drink so I'm fresh out of gift ideas.

He's a slightly heavy set married guy in his early 50's with 4 daughters. HE also has a side business where he works as a stage magician. Anyone have an suggestions?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

he has 4 daughters and he doesn't drink?

vodka
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Still if he is a stage magician you probably wont get the right magic gifts if your thinking along those lines - unless you upto speed on that kind of thing.

Is his job stressfull? what about a kind of executive de-stressing toy or something like that? ....or Civ(Civ3 is quite cheap on abudget label at the momment - and more stable than Civ4?) if he plays games?

Golf stuff(tee's/balls).......... a cheeky t-shirt "My boss is an ass" (or less specific ) etc?

or something from your time in Iraq?(you could even fill a regular bottle with sand from around where you are and give him a war-story saying its from Iraq) shocking!
      Last edited by child of Thor; December 15, 2005, 16:16.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Some sort of sex toy.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

get him a menorah

and a copy of PCU
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Buy tickets to some sports event, if too expensive as I kind of think, how about some.. book? Or DVD? Can't go wrong with DVDs.. they're always cool.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Get something basic and functional but distinguished. That way it will be a gift that is used and when someone comments on it to him he will be reminded of you.

Get some nicely designed tablemats or coasters. Should come in under a $20 limit quite easily.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

yeah coasters are cool - i love my Simpsons ones
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

"Management for Dummies"

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Try from Good to Great..by Jim Collins (hardback)

excellent book for managment types

or One Minute Manager (by Ph.D. Kenneth Blanchard,MD Spencer Johnson) if he is fairly new in the supervisory field (Paperback)

Both great reading and motivational material
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Get him a 12 month Apolyton PLUS subscription!!

/MarkG
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A friend of mine who works at KMart reiceved a $5 KMart gift voucher in the staff secret santa. Needless to say he was highly impressed.
                        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                          Try from Good to Great..by Jim Collins (hardback)

excellent book for managment types

or One Minute Manager (by Ph.D. Kenneth Blanchard,MD Spencer Johnson) if he is fairly new in the supervisory field (Paperback)

Both great reading and motivational material
                          Or Larry Bossidy's Execution ... excellent management book, and even if he doesn't particularly need to learn management, it's a great story by two guys with a lot of historical knowledge in big business
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Whatever the maximum amount you can spend is, get that many items from the 99 cent store.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Lottery Tickets are usually a big hit...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X