Help me be a consumer whore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me be a consumer whore.

So, recently I've felt the need to purchase some music CDs. I haven't actually checked the stores in my area yet, but I suspect that none of the music I'm interested in can be found very easily here in northern ontario. So I'm led to ordering online.... and yet, still, I am having trouble finding a place to buy all the CDs I want. Amazon seems to have pretty good coverage, but even then I've run into a problem with amazon.ca reporting some CDs to be "out of stock", but if I look at some of the european amazon sites, they have them available... isn't there anyway to order it through amazon.ca so that it's all on one bill, nice and orderly?

Or is there a better website for buying global/imported music?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

funny ****. I just bought a couple of CDs today - in a store.

Go to a store. check it out first, I say. unless there are major savings involved ( I doubt it)
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's not the savings I'm worried about but the availability. I'll be checking the stores later today but I seriously doubt I'll have much luck out here in the boondocks. Maybe when i got to Toronto/Guelph next week... but I'm impatient.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Don't know what you're looking for, but try futureshop.ca or even chapters.ca.

I don't think you can cross-pull from different Amazon sites because they'll have distribution centres in different countries.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Chapters Didn't have a single CD I was looking for, unsurprisingly.

Here's what's on my list so far:

Evergreen Club - 'For There and Then'

Stimmhorn - any CDs

Two Lone Swordsmen - Double Gone Chapel

Kronos Quartet - Dark angels

Amazon.ca has the last two, and another CD of the Evergreen club (which I don't like as much, but it's a cheapo anyways) but stimmhorn is all "out of stock"

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Try HMV for more obscure crap.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

HMV's online site is teamed with Amazon, so they won't have anything amazon.ca doesn't have.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I may pop into record shops but I don't ever bother buying there anymore...if I am going to buy any music, I do it online...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What kind of music are Evergreen Club and Stimmhorn under? I might be able to find it in one of the record stores down the street from here.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                    What kind of music are Evergreen Club and Stimmhorn under? I might be able to find it in one of the record stores down the street from here.
                    Evergreen Club is a contemporary gamelon assemble, so it'd probably be under 'world music' or possibly orchestral or something.

Stimmhorn is high octave throatsinging/yodeling, and I've no clue where you'd find that one.

I was able to find a Two Lone Swordsmen CD in a local store that I actually like better than the one I was looking for. I'll go buy it tommorow. It'll be the first CD I've ever bought in my life... but I figure, now that I'm selling artwork of my own I can afford to spend a bit of my welfare check on something like that.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

No luck yet, hope you find it in Toronto.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I couldn't find any of my obscure music, even in Toronto.

But I did find some other good music recomended by my sister, atleast. I guess I'll be ordering a few things online...

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                        X