Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RNC makes fraudulent ad, doctors photo of US soldier!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaguar
    Ming is here to lay the smackdown in an advertising thread.
    It's paid... why sweat the message. The Dems are equally as bad.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

It just pisses me off.
      Herbal Essence makes you urinate?

Comment

Please don't lay the smackdown on me.

All ads are fake. It's not like a politician frequently stands around randomly in a field of grain with his wife, kids, and dog, but you see a great deal of that in political ads.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Herbal Essence makes you urinate?
          hmmm I don't think so

I use Herbal Essences
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
            Please don't lay the smackdown on me.

All ads are fake. It's not like a politician frequently stands around randomly in a field of grain with his wife, kids, and dog, but you see a great deal of that in political ads.
            When will people realize that 1st-world farmers are evil leeches?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Republicans are doctoring photos of US soldiers and using them for their propaganda.

At least the Republicans were smart enough to use an image of an actual US soldier in their propaganda. Dems haven't quite reached that level of competence yet...

KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

hmmm I don't think so

I use Herbal Essences

You are, as you would say, 'teh gay'
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

It's paid... why sweat the message. The Dems are equally as bad.
                  Then they are both wrong, the fact that someone else is doing something bad doesn't excuse it.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

Then they are both wrong, the fact that someone else is doing something bad doesn't excuse it.
                    I'm no excusing it... just stating a fact.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok.

American politics is so partisan it seems really strange to me. It's like if your team (I say team 'cause it reminds me of sports) does something wrong it's not a foul but if the others do it is and people are vehement in defence of something in their party that they'd instantly condemn in the opposition.

From the outside both parties are so bad in so many areas I'd expect to hear more agreement from both sides when someone did something wrong.

In Britain at least most people aren't as extreme as that about politics, if someone does something bad you are more likely to get condemnation from all sides. (although not always)

Basically, what I'm saying is, I hear a lot of the extremes of Republican or Democrat hating but from the outside they are both right wing parties funded by big business, a lot of the politicians (especially in the senate or congress) could really be in either party and... well, there's little difference between them, they both suck.

Just at the moment the Republicans are a lot more successful with their spin/manipulation than the Democrats.

I have totally gone off my original point. But I do find that a really interesting cultural difference between the US and UK.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Well... Britain is, at the moment, pretty securely under one party. The conservatives haven't been a threat for a while now. Here, the two sides are very, very close - look at the last two elections (ok, don't, actually, avert thine eyes). The dead heat makes it all the more contentious and heated, I think. The rest may be the fact that our politics often gets religious, whereas you lot don't really seem to care about that silliness anymore...

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I suppose you are not a fan of any movies supported by and person or group with a cause, right Sava?
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I dunno. It was really close under the last couple of Tory governments and the atmosphere wasn't really much different.

Not that our way is perfect or anything. We obviously have different problems with our system. I just find it an interesting difference.

and yes, it's handy that religion isn't an issue.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

You are, as you would say, 'teh gay'
                              actually, I think Asher said Herbal Essences is for heteros
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Or married people. My wife uses Herbal Essences. I'm too lazy to buy my own shampoo if there is something already available. Thus, I use Herbal Essences.

Why am I now thinking of the Jeff Foxworthy bit about how gay guys and married guys have lots of similarities?

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X