No announcement yet.

Spider Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mother always complains about cats bringing her lizards and spiders as a present
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Be a man and kill the thing.
      This is your 1 chance to prove to it you're a superior life form... don't do what Space did & let it get away proving otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        With anGel having a phobia of spiders, it fell to me to kylle the spider. My weapons: a shoe, a rolled-up newspaper, a spread-out newspaper and an almost-empty bottle of anti-insect surface-spray (not recommended for indoor use). Thusly armed, I went into battle.

My first attack possibly got some of the spray onto the spider's leg. After watching the spider not being affected much by that, I went in for another go and managed to spray it decently. Its back legs looked as though they had gone numb and I thought it might drop at any time, so I put the newspaper under where it would fall so I could splat it. Unfortunately it recovered and fled to behind the curtain.

Rolled-up newspaper time. After a few false starts (including one of the kittens running into the room and sitting right below where the spider was hiding) I found where it was and gave it another good spray. It then fled up to the roof and hid in the corner.

Another photo, corner of room not shown. I couldn't get a decent photo of it here either, what with me wanting to keep my arm out of spider-attack range.
        Well I am impressed.
        You used all of your 4 weapon proficiencies (as rolled up and spread out newspapers don't count as the same one).
        Skanky has levelled up!!

Should have kept the body though and turned it into an alchemist for gold ...

Comment

I didn't want to give Joncah any extra opportunities to roll his dice.

Predictably, I dreamt about large spiders last night when I did finally get to sleep. So far I haven't seen any more huntsmans though.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

you do realize your duty as a boyfriend is to kill spiders, right?

Comment

The worst bug related incident I've had was when I was on Cyprus as a kid. Absolutely enormous cockroaches, I didn't know they could get that big. Felt a bit nervous taking a shower when one had crawled up the drain the day before....
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                you do realize your duty as a boyfriend is to kill spiders, right?
                See post 5.

It be deade.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I normally don't kill spiders except maybe in a situation such as yours. One moving around in a room. But if a spider is hangin' out in his web- he ain't hurtin' nobody. I let the dude stay. If for some reason there was a woman in my house (highly unlikely) that wanted it killed, I suppose I might do it.

Comment

The Huntsman Spider is also the critter in these notorious photos...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

now that's a spider! You'll never see anything that big in the desert where I live. we have tarantula's but they are harmless.

Comment

Man that's like those spiders you always come across newbie area in those online games.

ugh I'd probably have used a gun instead.

Curious, when you stepped on it did it go squishy? I hate that.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yep, that be the beast I faced. And yes, it was squishy. It had green stuff come out the back of it once my shoe had done its work - it reminded me of the filling in peppermint chocolate, only more poisonous.

Comment

Coward. A real man would of caught it in a glass and put it outside.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

My mother would scream if she saw those...
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X