Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good News and Bad News. Which Do You Prefer To Hear First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD NEWS

You've been drafted by an NFL team

BAD NEWS

It's the Bears
    Monkey!!!

Comment

'DA Bears! Usually I like to hear the bad first then the good will take the sting out a bit. Unless it's really horrible news...then well your just stuck with the ****e aren't you.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I hate the "there is no good news"
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Tiamat sighting!

Comment

I prefer not to hear the bad news at all. Even if it means not hearing the good news. Just give me no news.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              Tiamat sighting!

Yes you see me and for good I'm back on the board. So is that good news or bad news......
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

welcome back. We've had the notable absence of dragons lately.

Comment

no gnews is good gnews
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

BAD NEWS
                    You've been drafted!

GOOD NEWS
                    You're being assigned to the USO!
                    B♭3

Comment

Soldier’s family gets card, then news of death
                      23-year-old son killed by bomb in Balad, Iraq

Updated: 12:57 a.m. ET Dec. 12, 2005
                      HOCKLEY, Texas - The Christmas card arrived first, followed a few hours later by the military officers.

“All I have to say is how much I love you and will be glad to see you in January,” Army Sgt. Michael C. Taylor wrote to his mother from Iraq. “I wish you a very merry Christmas.”

Stephanie Taylor Tompkins got the card on Wednesday, shortly before Army officers brought her family the news that an improvised bomb had exploded in Balad, Iraq, that day, killing her 23-year-old son, a young man whose family once called him “Little Mickey.”

Taylor had become a father and was a devout Christian who loved reading mysteries and thrillers and was looking forward to restoring a 1969 Chevelle when he got home, said his brother, Justin Lee Taylor, 24.

Instead, Justin will be restoring the Chevelle alone, as a way to remember his brother.

“I was really looking forward to working on that car with him,” he told the Houston Chronicle. “But I know he’s going to love looking down from heaven and seeing that car finished.”

Taylor left a wife, Dusti, and 3-year-old daughter, Sadie Odessa, who was named for her grandmother. He also left a large extended family in mourning.

“This is a very, very close family and that was very important to him,” Taylor’s stepfather, Curtis Tompkins, said. “The best part of his day over there was mail call, even though we all corresponded by e-mail.”

Taylor joined the Army in July 2001 and recently was promoted to sergeant. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 13th Field Artillery, 214th Field Artillery Brigade, III Corps Artillery at Fort Sill, Okla.

His mother was unable to speak about her son’s death, but she wanted people to know that he was doing his duty by serving in Iraq, Tompkins said.

Relatives said the family was still struggling with the death of Taylor’s father, David Lee Taylor, in a car accident two years ago.

“Michael told me that he believed Daddy was over there (in Iraq) with him. He really believed that,” said his sister, Davina Taylor, 21.

Davina still hadn’t opened the Christmas card from her brother.

“I don’t know when I will open mine,” she said, holding the red envelope. “The time will come when it’s right for me.”

Monkey!!!

Comment

. . .

Comment

Ack!

Bad News first. Often, it's not as bad as you feared, and you can then enjoy the Good News.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I prefer to get bad out the way.
                            Things I have to do, and I think one of them sucks, get it done first.
                            Ditto on news. Give me the bad first.

Sava, I'm not reaming you or anything, but it's so suck a poll, why didn't you click the go back button?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                            X