The world's creepiest tomb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok

Another contender, this one with over 40,000 skeletons...thanks, wikipedia!
    I've been there!

Das Beinhaus!!

creepiest tourist attraction I've ever seen.

I might have some pics
    CSPA

Comment

a beautifully made coat of arms
      Attached Files
      CSPA

Comment

BAD AZZ

Isn't there a huge one of those catacombs under Paris, where the walls are literally human skulls?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yea, I've been to that one. Nothing as morbid as that coat of arms. But just an incredible amount of bones. Whew.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

now, if I started doing that at my place, I would be called a psycho. so unfair
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Just tell them you're in a Norwegian Death Metal band, problem solved

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I was going to mention the one at Kutna Hora, but it seems I've been beaten to it...

I thought the remains at St Catherine's Monastery at Mount Sinai were pretty cool, though it's pretty much just a pile of skulls.

The creepiest one I've been to is the City of the Dead at Siwa, those are tombs you can walk around from the time of Alexander, there are a couple you can visit which still contain their occupants. But the freakiest is the open ones which still contain bone fragments strewn all over the hillside - where you walk along and if you're not careful: *crrrrunch*...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                X