No announcement yet.

Oh No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the other hand I do know of a solution that would prevent Iran from getting nukes at any point in the foreseeable future. But you're not going to like it...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Does it involve NUKING THEM?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, there is that. But I was assuming that you were going for a solution that wouldn't involve the US being ejected from the UN and losing diplomatic relations with half the world's countries.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

(note I am not neccesarily pro military action, I don't know enough, I just wanted to comment on GePap's consideration of US/Israel hotheads, and what they are capable of)

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            So Isreal and US are the only governments with hotheads??

Iran definitely has none...

JM
            Of course they have hotheads. But Iran isn't the one thinking of launching air strikes at nuclear facilities in ohter soverign states. And no, I don;t believe the Iranian regime would be any more eager to use nukes than any regime that currently has them.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Awful scenario. Can't say I'm sympathetic to Israel - they've never come clean about their own nuke program.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                Awful scenario.
                QFT.

This will clearly encourage Iran, and other countries, to acquire nukes as quickly as possible. Because nukes seem to be the only deterrent against foreign agression these days.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It was bushs fault. labelling them part of the axis of evil pushed iran and north korea to turn to nukes so that they could not be invaded.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Nope. But he [Saddam Hussein] may have wished to drop a nuke on israel and the current Iran president seems to have taken up that dream, and it seems that the israelis yet another time has to do the dirty laundry.
                    Saddam didn't even load Chemical Weapons on his SCUD's to Israel. And presumably he still had those at the time.
                    Why no Sarin, but wait for the nukes you don't have?
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

And no, countries don;t commit martyrdom,
                      Democratic Kampuchea must've missed that memo.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Of course they have hotheads. But Iran isn't the one thinking of launching air strikes at nuclear facilities in ohter soverign states. And no, I don;t believe the Iranian regime would be any more eager to use nukes than any regime that currently has them.
                        Given that a certain regime has been thinking aloud about initiating nuclear attacks, that's not very calming.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Democratic Kampuchea must've missed that memo.
                          Their border skirmishes with Vietnam, which lead to the regime's downfall through foreign invasion, was not an act of martyrdom. If you mean the internal genocide, that is even less of an example.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                            It was bushs fault. labelling them part of the axis of evil pushed iran and north korea to turn to nukes so that they could not be invaded.
                            Yeah, that's the ticket! The US invaded Iraq because of Hussein proclaimed he possessed and would use WMDs, so Iran and NK should proclaim they have WMDs to avoid invasion...
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I do not recall Saddam ever saying such a thing.
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Their border skirmishes with Vietnam, which lead to the regime's downfall through foreign invasion, was not an act of martyrdom.
                                They started a war they could not possibly win. It's as much martyrdom as Iran starting a war they couldn't win would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X