No announcement yet.

Oh No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't imagine Iran's leaders being stupid enough to go for a first strike against Israel or other US/Civilized World interests if (when...) they got The Bomb. They've got to know they'd be bombed back into the Precambrian if they tried it. I obviously don't think they should have such weapons, but I'm not convinced they'd use them except if attacked first. The arguement could be made they'd give them to terrorists, but they'd be closely monitored and it would certainly be traced back to them... or not, because they'd probably be blamed anyway and bombed immediately.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Gepap: So your position is that you want to do nothing and you want Iran to get a nuclear weapon.

Just clarifying.

Since you don't have any alternative, you don't want to try to stop the problem now... okay... then what...

and your only response to me is... "you sound like an iraq war hawk"... which is effectively what you are saying... why not just skip to it and call me a Republican hack? oh wait... Az already did that for you!

okay, if nobody has a decent argument for not attacking Iran's nuclear facilities, I will be seeing you all later!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It was clever when Israel did it 25 years ago. The surprise factor is kinda gone now.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          Gepap: So your position is that you want to do nothing and you want Iran to get a nuclear weapon.

Just clarifying.

Since you don't have any alternative, you don't want to try to stop the problem now... okay... then what...

and your only response to me is... "you sound like an iraq war hawk"... which is effectively what you are saying... why not just skip to it and call me a Republican hack? oh wait... Az already did that for you!

okay, if nobody has a decent argument for not attacking Iran's nuclear facilities, I will be seeing you all later!

I posted three already, and you have not done anything to argue against them. To repeat again:

1. It won;t succeed.
          2. It will strenghten the hardliners
          3. It will hurt Us interets in the Muslim world

I won;t even bother with the rest of your post.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
            It was clever when Israel did it 25 years ago. The surprise factor is kinda gone now.
            Specially with an article in the Times about their plans....

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

I posted three already, and you have not done anything to argue against them. To repeat again:

1. It won;t succeed.
              2. It will strenghten the hardliners
              3. It will hurt Us interets in the Muslim world

I won;t even bother with the rest of your post.
              well #1 you have no way of knowing... also #2... and #3, I don't see how it can't significantly hurt the US at all. What is Iran going to do? What is anyone going to do?

Those who hate us will continue to hate us. Those who don't hate us aren't going to start hating us because of this. Not many people are undecided about America in the region.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

It will be a huge boon for Islamic Fundimentalism.
                So would Iran getting a nuclear bomb. If my option is between a bunch of Islamic fundimentalists happy that Iran has a nuke or a bunch of Islamic fundimentalists pissed off at Israel for preventing Iran from getting a nuke then I know what my choice would be. Negiotions won't work and this is an excellent back door way to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

So would Iran getting a nuclear bomb. If my option is between a bunch of Islamic fundimentalists happy that Iran has a nuke or a bunch of Islamic fundimentalists pissed off at Israel for preventing Iran from getting a nuke then I know what my choice would be. Negiotions won't work and this is an excellent back door way to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.
                  except that such an attack will do nothing to stop Iran from getting nukes if they want them.

So its a great idea, beyond the "it won't work" part. Just brilliant.....

Comment

Lets remind everyone of the difference between Iraq in 1981 and Iran in 2005-

Iraq had 1 test reactor, the reactor at Osirik. This is the single target the Israelis had to hit.

Iran in 2005 is less than a year away from opening a 800 Million dolar nuclear power plant they have built with Russian help, already have a Uranium enrichment plant, are working on heavy water, and have mutliple research laboratories, including ones in Tehran that produce radioactive isotopes for medical uses.

Can the people backing the ****-eyed plan explain just how Israel would even begin to destroy such a complex program with one set of attacks? Cause I am waiting to be enlightened.

JUst start by saying how an attack against a small research reactor can be compared to attacking an almost finished 800 million dollar civilian nuclear power plant, then move on to all the other bits of Iran's nuclear infrastructure.....

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                      Didn't Nostradamus predict that the world was going to end in 2006?
                      Which year didn't he predict the end of the world? Nostradamus made tens of thousands of predictions; so many that some of the **** had to come true just by random chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Your argument is based on the false assumption that an airstrike will prevent, or even significantly delay, Iran's acquisition of nuclear weapons.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I suppose we'll find out come march.

Comment

I doubt it.

Hot air from the Israelis, probably backed by the US in order to bring extra pressure down on Tehran. Not a bad play, even if the Iranians are fairly certain that's what it is. Makes them a bit nervous, maybe a bit more pliant.

The people in the know on this have enough info to know that they can't succeed. Therefore they won't try.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The sad thing is that there are enough hotheads in both the Israeli and US government for there to be people who think such a move would be a smart or even viable one....

Comment

So Isreal and US are the only governments with hotheads??

Iran definitely has none...

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X