Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people buy sports cars if they are going to drive them slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people buy sports cars if they are going to drive them slow?

When I buy my mustang, I'm going to drive real ****ing fast.

It doesn't bother me too much if I get behind a cadillac that's going slow. You expect that. But being stuck behind slow moving mustangs and other sports cars.

Amen.

Comment

I don't care what kind of car it is. I hate getting stuck behind slow people.

The worst is when you are on the expressway and people are in the left lanes going slow...

The signs on the highway even say "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT"

left lanes are PASSING LANES

GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY *******S

And I don't even speed... much... at most, I go like 5-10 over...

on the expressway I go like 75-80 depending on traffic conditions

but seriously I don't speed much... I haven't gotten a ticket since 2001, and my last 3 tickets weren't even for speeding... they were for having a loud system (cuz I had two 12 inch subs...) and then the stupid ***** cop gave me another ticket for squeeling my tires in the parking lot...

nevermind the fact that it was new blacktop and that I wasn't even going fast... I didn't peel out or anything... when I went to court, that ticket was thrown out... I had pictures of the parking lot that was just resurfaced

The judge even told the cop not to waste the courts time with vindictive tickets!!!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There's very little more disturbing than seeing a man driving a convertable sports car fast with his toupee flopping up and down.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why do people buy 4x4s if they never hit the dirt?

because.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Prestige. Ego.

The point is that those cars COULD go fast, IF, the driver wanted. More importantly, they are expensive, hence, a status symbol.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My car moves by 230 horse powers
              My 4000 sq feet house don't move at all.

The problem with Dis' car is the trailer dragging behind it
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

It's all about a gigantic metal penis extension for some people, and i'm not talking about some bizarre piercing here. In certain circles it get's you respect, prestige and maybe even loose women. Maybe something for you Dis?
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

The problem with Dis' car is the trailer dragging behind it
                  no silly, the trailer is not meant to move

the only time the trailer moves is when the tornado picks it up
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Conspicuous Consuption.

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
                      It's all about a gigantic metal penis extension for some people, and i'm not talking about some bizarre piercing here. In certain circles it get's you respect, prestige and maybe even loose women. Maybe something for you Dis?
                      I want tight women.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        I don't care what kind of car it is. I hate getting stuck behind slow people.

The worst is when you are on the expressway and people are in the left lanes going slow...

The signs on the highway even say "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT"

left lanes are PASSING LANES

GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY *******S
                        I totally ****ing agree.

I can get obnoxious when people are going slow in the left lane on the highway. Especially if I'm on a long trip and just tired of people's bs. Damn bastards.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          There's very little more disturbing than seeing a man driving a convertable sports car fast with his toupee flopping up and down.
                          Then there's those of us who can't afford toupees.

One reason I tend to drive slow (at least on surface streets) is the constant assassination attempts by my fellow drivers. It's nine miles to work and one morning I had nine near-accidents from people suddenly changing into my lane or pulling out in front of me. When you're in a sports car, drivers (a) tend not to see you or (b) see you and ignore your presence figuring you're so small you'll get out of their way.

Comment

Unless you are driving long distances, speeding does not save you any significant amounts of time.
                            "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                            —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Unless you are a cop, driving slower than the traffic to your right means you're violating traffic law. Left lane is for passers, not hall monitors.
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X