Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100Mbps broadband fo $40/month

In Korea, or so I've heard
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

edit: oops, just read the thread title

Comment

and in Tokyo - maybe else where in Japan,my friend sells the service, the price is about the same.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

man, my hard drive would fill up so fast

I'm already near the max... I need to delete some stuff

I'd be able to get lots of movies (DVD's)

the best I can get here is 6mbps
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Movies that are just so horrible there is no way in hell you'd actually spend MONEY on, but sure as hell will take the time to download.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
            Movies that are just so horrible there is no way in hell you'd actually spend MONEY on, but sure as hell will take the time to download.

but actually, it's more like getting movies before they are retail...

I had a DVD release of Star Wars Ep3 a week before it came out in theatres

and it's not some ****ty theatre rip... we're talking actual DVD... I think it was a screener...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bleh. I will admit to downloading TV shows and movies occasionally, but I never download them before they come out in theaters

Comment

Bleh. I will admit to downloading TV shows and movies occasionally, but I never download them before they come out in theaters
                why?

I still went and saw it in the theatre.

But it was awesome watching it a week before most everyone else saw it.

Especially on my buddies' 72 inch DLP and his surround sound system...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

why?

I still went and saw it in the theatre.

But it was awesome watching it a week before most everyone else saw it.

Especially on my buddies' 72 inch DLP and his surround sound system...
                  I just feel everyone should wait for the release and see it in theater. Plus, I suspect those people are the ones selling the DVD in China.

Comment

I just feel everyone should wait for the release and see it in theater. Plus, I suspect those people are the ones selling the DVD in China.
                    You do what you want, I'll do what I want.

And no, those aren't the people selling the DVD in China. Because if they are selling it, they aren't going to release it on the interwebs where people can DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You do what you want, I'll do what I want.

And no, those aren't the people selling the DVD in China. Because if they are selling it, they aren't going to release it on the interwebs where people can DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE.
                      Well, they got it from them. That kind of thing. I don't know, I'm playing WoW at the same time so I don't have much time to post. It just feels wrong to download a movie that hasn't been released yet. Not that it's right to download them at all.

Comment

What difference does it make?

I still went to the theatre to see it.

And usually, movies that get posted on "the scene" come from industry insiders... somebody working for the studio just makes a copy and uploads it.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd be able to get lots of movies (DVD's)
                          When I said that in similar thread I was moved to "Mingapulco" for 2 weeks.
                          money sqrt evil;
                          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Korea appears to have a very enlightened government initiative to subsidize BIG broadband connections throughout the whole country. I wonder how much this will jumpstart their economy/technology? The US appears to be falling behind in this area.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Next year i'm probably moving to a place that offers 100 mbps for the equivalent of 13 euros.
                              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Working...
                              X