Fact: Males with big testicles have smaller brains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techumseh

It might be less if there were a second person involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
      yep, Kuciwalker hit the nail on the head, I think. If the creature exorts force after the initial takeoff, it's flight.
      I'd go further and say its path in general follows a ballistic trajectory, as opposed to just saying its powered vs unpowered. I would consider birds that glide using thermals as flying and not jumping, for example, even though there is no power of exertion on the part of the bird.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I was very specific in my wording. It doesn't have to exort force at all times. just at any time whatsoever.

another wording: can it achieve equilibrium of forces while being airborn ( terminal velocity drag doesn't count)
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
          yep, Kuciwalker hit the nail on the head, I think. If the creature exorts force after the initial takeoff, it's flight.
          By that definition, gliding is not flying and some animals will beat dolphins by a factor of 10 if not in the hundreds...

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

I'd go further and say its path in general follows a ballistic trajectory, as opposed to just saying its powered vs unpowered. I would consider birds that glide using thermals as flying and not jumping, for example, even though there is no power of exertion on the part of the bird.
            But then you disqualify a dolphin as jumping.
            It is also "gliding" (using aerodynamcis to "jump" further). Its taking advantage of its shape to go further obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
              I was very specific in my wording. It doesn't have to exort force at all times. just at any time whatsoever.

another wording: can it achieve equilibrium of forces while being airborn ( terminal velocity drag doesn't count)
              That equilibrium of forces doesn't make much sense to me...

Are you talking with or without taking into account of gravity.

If you mean equilibrium of all forces, then the only flying things would be things that go in a straight line?

If you mean without gravity, that's sorta of similar to Dauphin's criteria right?

That the resulting force acting on the body is equivalent to gravity.
              Because of aerodynamins it would be very hard to differentiate gliding from jumping using this criterion.

By the way I'm not saying you guyz are wrong.
              I can accept that some concepts are fuzzy.
              I think the difference between jumping and gliding and flying are fuzzy which is what I'm trying to argue and trying to use them to give very precise statistics (longest jumper) is abuse.

Just like we can agree some people have big noses, while also understanding that to agree on a definition of "bigness of nose" such that we can find the person with the "bigest nose" would be very hard.

(that's not the best of examples but first that came to mind)

Comment

I'll gladly concede one point, you've certainly decided to knitpick and over analyse a throw-away, trivial pursuit factoid if you will, comment.

Comment

Well come on.
                  Its not like we can do 500 posts about bat's balls

Comment

why not? there's a 500 post thread that's all frog pictures?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      are you serious? I knew I didn't open that thread for a reason.

Comment

I'm not so sure about the testicle issue. I have known one or two people with small testicles and extremely small brains as well. Small balls equals small brains in my book But then again you don't want some huge hanging down bull testicle either.
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Tiamat, you strike me as an able ball breaker, whatever the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                            Frog pictures > bat's balls

Comment

Working...
                            X