I'm back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!

...among the living again. No less than 7 terrifying days without an internet connection (as well as a phone) are finally over.

My new ISP, which bought up my old ISP, managed to shut down my connection and phone last Friday, with no forewarning whatsoever - and today finally had the decency to push the right buttons and open up my window to the outside world again.

Cost me a small fortune in Net Café expenses. But now I get to enjoy the wonders of a 100% increase in my line speed (->1 Mb), which will probably have lost its sensation sometime around dusk on Monday. Still..

Oh, and in the meantime I also got some old.. umm, files sorted, since there was nothing else to do, so it wasn't all bad.

What's the worst case of net withdrawal you've had to endure?

Edit: And those are supposed to be Christmas smilies!?

who are you?
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Don't ask me, ask your mom.

Comment

ouch... nice burn
        Monkey!!!

Comment

and the mum will say

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            ouch... nice burn
            Yeah, maybe a bit on the rough side..

Um.. That's a nice avatar Gopher!

Comment

Nice to see you're back online you Viking bastard
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Yeah, we Vikings invented bastards. Or rather we turned the idea into a sport.

Did you manage to find a nice present for your in-laws?

Comment

Magnificent quote, OFITG.

Why, it nearly makes me want to take on the pesky intruders onto Hans Ø myself.

Which of course wouldn't be fair by any means, not even in my present ever increasing state of intoxication.

Comment

In laws? Not yet, they aren't. That's still off.

Not yet, I'll be looking. I already have a nice bottle of bourbon and a bottle of wine. I'll have to find something else more "present-y" for them.
                    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
                    X