Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like licking someones boots in english?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

No, it's got nothing to do with actual licking

It's more like if I say that you're someone "van lik mijn vestje", my perception of you is that you're nobody special.

Comment

I call the Dutch back to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ if they ever wish to be a great and noble empire again.

Comment

You are like my waistcoat?

Du är lik som min... jackan? (Swedish is a bit rusty...)

As it is, one does not necessary have to be dutch to understand written dutch... Though, spoken dutch sounds like swedish when spoken with mouth full of porridge. Can't make anything out of it...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Try West-Flemish, that sounds almost exactly as Swedish, but it's Dutch , at least that's what struck me when I was in Stockholm a few months ago.
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
              Like licking someones boots in english?
              More like a "two-bit" ....
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
              X