Jean Sibelius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro
    I just know his name, but have not listened to his stuff. Any recommendation what a Sibelius-n00b like me should listen first?
    Finlandia

Comment

I would higly recommend the following:

Finlandia (a tone poem)
      Symphony No. 1
      Symphony No. 2
      Violin Concerto
      Karelia (another tone poem)

He also wrote 5 more symphonies, among other things.
      "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
      "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

Also most of you have heard parts of Finlandia. It was the theme for... red october.. the sub movie with sean connery.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Eh, I thought that was John Williams? And of course the Soviet Anthem there... But anyone who has watched Die Hard 2: With Vengeance, has heard parts of Finlandia. I believe it was the part, when the liners started to succesfully land... A victorious tune.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

ah the actual theme might be something else.. but Finlandia plays in the most important moment in it, so it at least SHOULD be the theme
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm an 'Merican. And I say, if he ain't on TV, he don't exist.

Comment

I'd heard of him. I thought he was a physicist.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

He's one of the greatest composers of all time.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                  X