Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel joins the International Red Cross/Cresent and their symbol is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dosen't the British airforce already use that one?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Red diamonds are stupid -- throw crosses at them.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I actually worked on this issue here. The Red Crystal is NOT an Israeli symbol. In theory, it's a generic symbol for any relief organizations to use. In practice, it will be used most by the Israelis/MDA, so that they can bring relief to countries that would wig out if they saw a Star of David. Kudos to the MDA for wanting to go to such countries, and to the 3rd Protocol for finding a way to make that happen; a pox on all who would spurn, or even attack, relief workers for theri religous beliefs.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Red diamonds are stupid -- throw crosses at them.

Better. Put them on a cross.
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
            I actually worked on this issue here. The Red Crystal is NOT an Israeli symbol. In theory, it's a generic symbol for any relief organizations to use. In practice, it will be used most by the Israelis/MDA, so that they can bring relief to countries that would wig out if they saw a Star of David. Kudos to the MDA for wanting to go to such countries, and to the 3rd Protocol for finding a way to make that happen; a pox on all who would spurn, or even attack, relief workers for theri religous beliefs.
            To be clear, I have no problem with Israel's "Red Cross" organization being brought into the fold. I DO have a problem with them being forced to use this bizarre symbol while the main org continues to use the cross shape and the muslims get to keep the cresent shape they whined to be allowed to use. Either allow Israel to use the Red Star or force the entire program and all of its subsidiaries to use a single, universal symbol. Preferably one that doesn't suck like this stupid diamond shape. How about the Red Stethoscope? It's an easily-identifiable shape and is completely non-religious/non-political.

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

:tear:
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                It's the Swiss' fault then. Bunch of Christian fascist pigs if you ask me.

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Funny when I was younger I never made the connection with the Christian Cross. If you'd have asked me I might have said they were crossed plasters or something, with the red being the blood you see through white bandages - but then I don't believe in religion.

In fact, without religion must of the red cross' work would become unnecessary...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

To be clear, I have no problem with Israel's "Red Cross" organization being brought into the fold. I DO have a problem with them being forced to use this bizarre symbol while the main org continues to use the cross shape and the muslims get to keep the cresent shape they whined to be allowed to use. Either allow Israel to use the Red Star or force the entire program and all of its subsidiaries to use a single, universal symbol. Preferably one that doesn't suck like this stupid diamond shape. How about the Red Stethoscope? It's an easily-identifiable shape and is completely non-religious/non-political.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

And the stethoscope really is a universal symbol on this planet. Anyone with even the most basic of training in Western medicine is almost certainly going to have one in their possession and it is the easiest of all medical devices to carry with you (around your neck) so it would be easily recognizable to laypersons. I see no valid excuse to justify the continued use of the cross and cresent shapes - which are religious and political in origin - or this diamond shape - which is purely political in origin since the muslim countries threw such a sh*tfit over Israel's admittance to the organization - if the whole reason for the diamond shape was to avoid politicizing Israel's contribution to the organization in the first place.

And really, like we're not going to know it's Israel flying the Red Crystal banner when THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES FLYING THE F*CKING THING IN THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION!!!1

God almighty, the stupidity of people on this planet.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

People are stupid. Nuke 'em all!
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It has now come to a compromise (so I've read) that Israeli MDA will have a combined symbol - the silly diamond with a small shield of david inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                            It has now come to a compromise (so I've read) that Israeli MDA will have a combined symbol - the silly diamond with a small shield of david inside.
                            Other red symbols inside the "diamond" include but are not limited to: red cross, red crescent, red swastika, red enema...

Let's use red enema. It symbolizes medicine. It also symbolized action that can help PC crazed people.
                            money sqrt evil;
                            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Working...
                            X