Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Pol Thread!(About lowering the tax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    If he starts acting squirrelly when the issue is raised then I think we know what the answer is.
    Yep.

When did I become so cynical of politicians?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      The problem with reducing it is that it comprises 17% of federal government revenues. Decreasing it from 7% to 6% will cost the federal government 5 billion dollars per annum.
      Over here it will also decrease provincial revenues since the PST is calculated after the GST has been added to the price of items.
      What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

Over here it will also decrease provincial revenues since the PST is calculated after the GST has been added to the price of items.
        Are you serious - taxing tax? That's horse****.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Yep. They said: "Look! We're not as bad as the feds! We'll only tax you 6.5% instead of 7%". And then they came up with this scam.

Politicians
          What?

Comment

That's rediculous. I just looked it up and it turns out PEI does the same thing.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

If the conservatives are giving you your money, then where are they taking your money from?
              Golfing since 67

Comment

I'd rather have it back than give it to the Liberal Party.
                What?

Comment

Working...
                X