• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candidate to stupidity award

Woman Allegedly Hires Hit Man for Cheese

The Associated Press
    Tuesday, December 6, 2005; 7:01 PM

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- In an unusual case of mistaken identity, a woman who thought a block of white cheese was cocaine is charged with trying to hire a hit man to rob and kill four men. The woman also was mistaken about the hit man. He turned out to be an undercover police officer.

Jessica Sandy Booth, 18, was arrested over the weekend and remains in jail with bond set at $1 million on four charges of attempted murder and four counts of soliciting a murder.

According to police, Booth was in the Memphis home of the four intended victims last week when she mistook a block of queso fresco cheese for cocaine _ inspiring the idea to hire someone to break into the home, take the drugs, and kill the men.

An informant described the plot to police, who arranged a meeting between Booth and the undercover officer.

The undercover officer gave Booth some nonfunctioning handguns, bought ammunition for her because she was too young, and the two proceeded to the home under police surveillance.

Booth told the officer that any children inside the house old enough to testify would have to be killed, police said.

A search of the home with the permission of the occupants revealed no drugs _ only the white, crumbly cheese common in Mexican cuisine.

"Four men were going to lose their lives over some cheese," said Lt. Jeff Clark, who heads Project Safe Neighborhoods.
    bleh

Maybe it was some really good cheese.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Can you imagine sitting in a cell a couple of decades, thinking about what a dumb**** you were?
      How about when asked, "What're ya in for?"
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Can you imagine sitting in a cell a couple of decades, thinking about what a dumb**** you were?
          How about when asked, "What're ya in for?"
          I don't think anyone will have to ask; I'd imagine she'd be something of a legend...
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Geez, what an *******. I hope she gets a jolly long time for what she did
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Hmm, 18 year old female defendant.

I have a hunch she'll get a lenient deal claiming emotional instability from emerging womanhood or something. Or psycho-social abuse victim syndrome. Heck, maybe they'll just make something up for her!

Comment

Bring back the twinkie defense! Er, cheese defense!
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

lmao
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                  X