No announcement yet.

Equal treatment or special privilage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There really aren't even that many women in positions where they would even do much fighting. For example there are truck drivers (most dangerous job in the army) and frankly, most of their deaths are pretty quick and their gender would have no basis.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

How many lawyers does the military need? I mean, they make really lousy cannon fodder.
      To the contrary

As for the issue, the Constitution doesn't even authorise Congress to give our money to universities, nor does it allow Congress to use schools as recruiting stations. A very early court decision said Congress cannot use an existing constitutional power to create a power not in the Constitution. In this case Congress is using a power that doesn't even appear in the Constitution to create another power that doesn't appear in the Constitution.

Of course that wont matter one bit, the SCOTUS has decided the Constitution does allow Congress to fund colleges and will most likely allow Congress to attach strings to the money.

This creates an interesting paradox (or two), the school is being told it must aid and abet discrimination in violation of its rules to get money being given to other schools. Second, conservatives despise how the left tries to attach strings to federal dollars to increase their control over people. So here the GOP is doing the same thing...

Do as I say, not as I do

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

To the contrary

As for the issue, the Constitution doesn't even authorise Congress to give our money to universities, nor does it allow Congress to use schools as recruiting stations.
        The constitution gives Congress the responsibility to do the fedral budget and the power to raise millitary forces.

Stupid Libertarians.

Comment

Working...
        X