Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You just get a gift of $3000 unexpectedly, what do you do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just get a gift of $3000 unexpectedly, what do you do!

Everyone always asks this question but with millions of dollars and so on.

If you just got $3000, what do you do with it? Is it insignificant and just goes into a bank account, does it get invested, trip to exotic locales?

What do you do?!
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

$3k?

Right now I'm not in the position to take a vacation. It will either go to investing for Josie's education, or to pay of some bills. Probably the bills.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Stick it in the bank - it can go towards a deposit...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Stick it in a money market fund, and then use it to help put a down payment on a house next year.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Bills or some minor renos. Same thing, really.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Bank it for now, or drop it into my IRA account.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

500 pints of premium London beer + cigarettes and train fare

or drop it into my IRA account.

Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

it's a tax free retirement investment account

not the irish army thingy
                Monkey!!!

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The IRA do do pensions though:

The Washington Times delivers breaking news and commentary on the issues that affect the future of our nation.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

But does the IRA do IRAs?
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

hmmm, wonder what their investment options are? Are the contributions pre-tax?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

I would pay off my credit card... that's not that much, like $500

the rest I would probably just put in a savings account...

I might buy something for my PC, like some RAM and maybe a new hard drive.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Buy a wife.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: You just get a gift of $3000 unexpectedly, what do you do!

duh!
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X