X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam: 'I Am Not Afraid of Execution'

Saddam: 'I Am Not Afraid of Execution'
    AP - 27 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein told the judge at his trial Monday that "I am not afraid of execution" during an unruly court session in which the first witness took the stand and testified that the former president's agents carried out random arrests, torture and killings. The outburst was one of several by Saddam or his co-defendants at the trial that also saw a brief walkout by his defense lawyers.

Now why are they thinking of being executed?
    Evidently they've been reading the propaganda the USA is showering on Iraqi media?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Looks like he just signed himself up!
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I know they're going for the whole "look, we can run legitimate courts" thing here, but just lock him away in some dungeon or put a bullet into his head already. Time to end Saddam's (considerably longer than) 15 minutes of fame.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

LOL naturally Saddam Hussein would be in favour of the death penalty...at least he's consistent.

He should ask his old CIA handlers to whack him 'for old times sake'.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Of course he'd rather be executed than stay in prison for 40 years.

Give him life (the sentence) I say, that should be worst for him.

Comment

Is he afraid of assassination?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Probably not. is he afraid of roasting in prison for the rest of his life? Yes.

Slowwhand, DanS: "Oh ho ho, look how big my balls are, I'm in favour of killing people who are BASTARDS."

Comment

I don't think he should be executed. Let's just release him off at a well publicized location somewhere in Kurdistan.

Comment

I'm not afraid of Saddam's execution either
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Self-Consistency
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm afraid that keeping him around wouldn't be practical, his continued presence is just one more reason for the insurgents to continue to fight. I hate to say it but I really wish that they hadn't taken him alive. This is dragging on too long and too many people are getting killed.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

How about shoving him out of the door of a helicopter to see if he can fly?? Or is that too against the Geneva Convention?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          How about shoving him out of the door of a helicopter to see if he can fly?? Or is that too against the Geneva Convention?
                          Nope. Against the law. Only allowed for commies.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

If/When found guilty, has the type of execution been determined yet?

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Men and women were tortured for days and babies were left to die in an interrogation facility that featured a meat grinder for human flesh, the first prosecution witness to face Saddam Hussein told the court on Monday.
                            "I swear by God I walked by a room and on my left I saw a grinder with blood coming out of it and human hair underneath," said 38-year-old Ahmed Hassan, who said he had been kept in Room 63 at the Hakmiya intelligence headquarters in Baghdad.
                            ‘No one escaped torture’
                            "Barzan was present. He had red cowboy boots and blue jeans and a sniper rifle," Hassan, a stockily built man with a round face and gray beard, told the heavily fortified court in central Baghdad.
                            Red cowboy boots?

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              Nope. Against the law. Only allowed for commies.
                              He didn't specify what color helicopter, did he?
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X