When there is no one to sue... sue yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Poly
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

But i was serious when i asked the question if the insurance company can now turn around and sue the mother that was driving the vehicle. some insurance companies will sue the driver that caused the accident to try and compensate them for the another party suing them. And if possible get charges of negligence brought at the mother.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        I Poly
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Other are worried the legislation could open the door to infringement of women's right, such as "suing a woman for causing brain damage in her fetus because she drank or smoked during her pregnancy," said Joyce Arthur of the Abortion Rights Coaltion. "And of course the anti-abortion groups could exploit the law as well."
          This quote is really shocking. Holding a woman accountable who was doing drugs which caused her child brain damage is an infringement on women's rights?

My body my choice! My crack baby my choice! Bull****.

I think I'd do the opposite of the court. I wouldn't apply this to car accidents at all. Unless the parent was drunk driving or something. If the mother hit black ice like in the above example, then its a tragic accident not something to sue over. If the mother was willfully drinking heavily or doing drugs or other things that are known to damage the fetus, then yes, I think its appropriate for the child to sue.

Of course the logistics of such a suing would be difficult as well. I imagine it would mostly happen once the kid has left the home. Of if the parent put their kid up for adoption.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

easy for a male to talk about such things
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

males were once babies also

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and can go through the pain of giving birth?

not to mention the possible health risks involved...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How is this even relivant? The kid could sue his father too if he ****ed him up in the womb as well. Or presumably any man on the street who caused damage.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

hey Ozzy... didn't you support the cap on medical liability lawsuits?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's an issue I've never really given much thought to one way or another.

Thanks for playing though, have a nice day.

Comment

actually, I recall you saying something about there being too many frivilous lawsuits a while back when this was an issue during the democratic primaries

funny how when abortion comes into it, you are suddenly all for suing women

hypocrisy

women hating "pro-lifers"
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think the real point here is that it allows the family to collect from their auto insurance for damage done to a member not yet born at the time of the accident. What's really going on is that the judge is extending the personal injury coverage to the baby.

Regardig the other question, how about HIV protection? If a guy got HIV infection because he wasn't circumcised should he be able to sue his parents?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I WAS eating before reading this thread
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              males were once babies also

JM
                              Whaddya mean "were once"?!

I WAS eating before reading this thread

Don't worry, it gets better, after post 15, the tubbies moved on to mothers doing crack.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X