No announcement yet.

Good news from the war on terror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read Abu Hamzar and was hoping it was the Hook. Oh well.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
      So some kind of flying Terminator sought him out? That's high tech stuff.
      Predator C Avenger is a next generation, multi-mission, jet-powered unmanned aircraft system (UAS) designed and manufactured by General Atomics Aeronautical…

The Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle was originally designed to be a recon drone, however, the U.S. Air Force quickly realized that it also made an excellent strike platform and had them modified to carry an air to ground missile. They have very fuel effecient jet engine so it can also act as a glider so they can travel long distances and loiter over target areas for a very long time. They're also much smaller then an air plane so they are very hard to pick up on radar.

They're normally controlled remotely via satallite signals however they do have limited AI for navigation and to prevent the drone from crashing in the event the remote control signals are cut off. The Air Force likes to use them to go into hostile air space and strike small targets (cars or a single building) since if they're shot down no human pilot is at risk. Preditors will often be used in 3rd party air space and one of the best known missions where they were used was to fly into Yemen and blow up the car a senior Al Qaeda officer. Supposedly the guy was using a cell phone so they knew where he was and dropped a missile right on top of his car.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tom Clancy novel-style assassination
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I don't feel the need to qualify the good news. Doesn't matter whether he's #3 or #5 or #10. Several less bad guys to worry about, since apparently some of his buddies were killed too. The only question is whether he should receive his Darwin Award for blowing himself up or crossing the US in order for the CIA to blow him up.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

" He was maybe Number Three or Five"

anyone else resisting an incredible urge to start quoting "The Prisoner"??!
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

They ran out of #2's?

Comment

You are number 6
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

As long as 99 is ok.

Comment

Working...
                  X