Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People of the internet, I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: People of the internet, I need your help!

Originally posted by Whaleboy

Any thoughts?
    Don't sleep with David Cameron, you'll only regret it when the tabloids get scoop on the drugs thing.

And resist creeping computer geekness.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Before that, I don't see the point.
      Playing F.E.A.R at 1600 x 1200

And resist creeping computer geekness.
      But I have a decent income now, what else am I supposed to buy?
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

But I have a decent income now, what else am I supposed to buy?
        Warmest congrats, you succulent love bunny.

Tattooed loveboys, rare c.d.s, art and antiques, foreign holidays and kaju rolls and hyderabadi mango pickle, to keep out winter's chills.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Playing F.E.A.R at 1600 x 1200
          Is there a material difference between 24fps and 50fps?

Films run at something like 20fps. Anything more, AFAIK, is a waste of resources.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            Is there a material difference between 24fps and 50fps?

Films run at something like 20fps. Anything more, AFAIK, is a waste of resources.
            Yes, films cheat the eyes using a natural blurring effect. Games are 24fps are jarring, movies are not.

I believe I've explained this to you several times now...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Yes, films cheat the eyes using a natural blurring effect. Games are 24fps are jarring, movies are not.

I believe I've explained this to you several times now...
              I am going to wait for a double blind test to confirm or reject this.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I am going to wait for a double blind test to confirm or reject this.

Play a game running at 24fps and see for yourself. This is just another example of some of the mind-boggling basic fundamentals of something that you don't understand, yet you will feel free to comment on it whenever you want...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

yes... Asher is correct...

24 fps in a game is horrible

anything less than 50 is unacceptable

it is not the same as movies
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's also because it's not continious at 25 fps.
                    If it is, it is acceptable, but it will often drop below it, making it horrible to play.
                    That's why having 50 fps (or more) is a good thing because if it does drop, it may still be at 25 fps.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Play a game running at 24fps and see for yourself. This is just another example of some of the mind-boggling basic fundamentals of something that you don't understand, yet you will feel free to comment on it whenever you want...

If you are so sure about this issue, I don't see how you can be bothered by a double blind test.

Comment

If you are so sure about this issue, I don't see how you can be bothered by a double blind test.
                        I'm not bothered by it, but since it's an absurd assertion on your part -- easily refuted by a simple google search on the human eyes and frames per second you'll see the same explanation I've given you.

I'm not about to go run a double-blind test on this just to prove to some dumb**** on the internet who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Burden of proof is on you, do the googling yourself.

Comment

Working...
                        X