Hypothetical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro
    In case someone wants to become a suicide bomber, make sure you don't get it twisted.

Personally, I'm immortal, so being a suicide bomber is technically impossible to me.
    In the end there can be only one.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Even though I ponder suicide, I don't think I would be a suicide bomber.

I don't want to kill other people. The only time I would kill another person is if my family or friends were in danger, or if someone had really wronged me and gotten away with it... like raped my sister or something.

And I don't think I'm a bomber. If I were to bomb something, it would be Fight Club style, with the building empty and it happening at night. It would be for a calculated purpose of affecting major change. Not terrorism.

Honestly, I'm more likely to be the guy getting people to blow themselves up.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I can imagine a situation where I'd be a bomber, but I can't imagine a situation where I'd be a suicide bomber.

(Though being somewhat of a klutz, I might accidentally blow myself up...)
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

It is impossible to know or to even think of all possible situations. Thus option 2.

Very similer to Spiff.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

If it was a case in which a suicide bomber approached my family/friends, then I'd become a "suicide bomber" by taking the ***ker out. Simple as that.

Comment

Option 2.

If I were a terrorist, I'd be more of a McWeigh (sp?) type.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

never

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
                  Agreed. Ideology is not worth losing one's life.
                  What a selfish attitude.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And to answer the question, the situation would have to be rather extreme. My act would have to have the capability to save a large number of lives in some strange way. I suppose I can come up with a situation in which it would be the right thing to do, but the circumstances would have to be carefully designed to make it so.

The key part is not the suicide part, but rather the part which details that the attack is carried out with the possibility that "innocents" will be hurt and that it is targetted against noncombatants.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

What a selfish attitude.
                      I have no problem with being selfish.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

You ****ing little worm. You make me sick, maggot.[/GP]
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                          I wouldn't be a suicide bomber, but I'd throw myself in front of a car (or whatever) if it would save friends and family.
                          that's not the same thing by a long shot. That's why I voted never.

Comment

Working...
                          X