Hypothetical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical question

would there ever be a situation where you would be a "suicide bomber"?

JM
    ("suicide bomber" means make an attack that will cost your own life, that might not be at all successful, that might hurt those you consider innocent, that is against those who consider themselves noncombatants)
    (muslim suicide bombers routinely bomb in situations where other good muslims could be injured)
    Never, no matter what.
    39.29%
    Never, but there might be some situation that I am not imagining that I would
    32.14%
    No, but there are some situations where I would (that aren't taking place today)
    7.14%
    Yes, but I am hoping someone else takes care of it
    0.00%
    No, but there are some situations where I would (that are taking place today)
    3.57%
    Yes, I am in training right now :scared:
    7.14%
    only if I can be a banana bomber
    10.71%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

um.. change the

(that are taking place today) to (that might be taking place today)

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It'd have to be something personal rather than ideological.

Comment

Agreed. Ideology is not worth losing one's life.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

It may be worth losing your own, not killing another.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

no

but that's probably what that belgian chick said too, before she became an islamaniac.

you never know...
            CSPA

Comment

see option 2

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

In case someone wants to become a suicide bomber, make sure you don't get it twisted.

Personally, I'm immortal, so being a suicide bomber is technically impossible to me.
                Blah

Comment

I don't like to say "never", so option 2.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    I don't like to say "never", so option 2.
                    The basic fact that you shy away from such absolutes says to me that you would never be a suicide bomber. But you're a commie, so you hate freedom and America, thus you are a terrorist and we must bomb you. Sorry, Spiff.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's easy to find something worth dying for. Do you have anything worth living for?
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I wouldn't be a suicide bomber, but I'd throw myself in front of a car (or whatever) if it would save friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                          It's easy to find something worth dying for. Do you have anything worth living for?
                          Flip, trite and b0llocks!

Comment

If I did, it would be the bomb that was the afterthought, not the suicide.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Only if the target is makers of "certain" polls
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X