Big news in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big news in my life.

Well, I've got a couple big things going on right now, for those of you who care First off, I was in an autoaccident Saturday night/Sunday morning. A chick ran a red light and broadsided me. Luckily, I was in a tahoe, and she was in a mercury cougar or something, or it could have been bad. She was doing better than 30 at time of impact. So, my tahoe is in the shop and I have a pretty sweet hyundai rental. Good gas milage

Secondly, after more than a year of wholesale carefree enjoyment of life, I am officially taking a job. It's an application development for JP Morgan Chase Investment Bank. The best part? Great pay, and 4 weeks of vacation my first year. The worst part? I have to leave the wonderful city of austin and move to the not so wonderful city of houston. ah well. Time to grow up i guess.
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Congratulations on the job. Hope you like it. Houston is not so fun. Way too humid.

Comment

Congrats Kaak.

One piece of advice: do whatever it takes to stay in the gym. Trust me after coding all day it will keep that six pack and most importantly, keep you sane.

Working out during lunch has worked best for me. Plus sometimes you can just use your lunch break to workout and then eat at your desk.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

And here I thought the big news was that Kaak personally went to Iraq and discovered the fabled weapons of mass destruction.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Congrats Kaak
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

maybe your neck should hurt and you can sue that girls insurance company!

congrats on the job
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              And here I thought the big news was that Kaak personally went to Iraq and discovered the fabled weapons of mass destruction.

Why do you hate us so?

Comment

Congrats on the job. They may be a drag but the money is nice.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thanks guys, i appreciate it.

Ted, i'll be heeding your advice!
                  and maybe japher's too

mr fun- you are a weapon of mass destruction

the independance is going to be weird!
                  "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Why do you hate us so?

HA! The real question is why do you hate me?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                    X