My childhood beliefs has been destroyed :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My childhood beliefs has been destroyed :(

I've always thougth that american cars was so badly manufactured that they could explode almost without reason, and then there are this site that claims it's all fake - can't see another B-movie without knowing they are cheating me

Intuitor Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics: Reviews and rates Hollywood movies for bad physics content

It's actually quite funny except for the part where they say that stupid people drag people out of cars because the are convinced that they will explode.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

The movie industry is destroying America!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Unless it's a Pinto...
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

...bean.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

They might not explode but they might caught fire. Depends on the crash of course.

It's never stupid to make sure you're securing yourself and/or another person. On the contrary, it's stupid to say it's stupid.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Ever notice how cars in movies always burst into flames the instant they collide with anything? Our favorite is when a car falling from a high place explodes the instant before it hits the ground. It's as though its gas tank gets panicky and detonates at the mere thought of striking Earth.
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Héhé, fun site.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hum, anyone seen the movie Top Secret?
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                  Hum, anyone seen the movie Top Secret?
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I have laughed at Armageddon for its moronic physics ever since I saw it the first time. I like the review on the linked site, and their suggestions for alternatives. Bowling balls
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

My personal favorite is in Die Hard 2 where the plane goes in for an emergency landing because it's basically out of fuel and explodes when it makes a crash landing.

Comment

Count the seconds from the time the pin is pulled on the grenade which is thrown into Bruce Willis's plane and the time the grenade explodes.

Comment

If you thought movie physics were bad, you ought to see anime physics.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Cartoon physics are supposed to be weird, that's the whole point.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Cars do sometimes explode after collisions and the like, but typically only after gas has leaked out of a cracked tank or gas line and come into contact with smoldering grass or debris of some sort to start a fire.

Cars with carburetors were far more likely to have engine fires and explosions like in the movies, but again after some delay as flames reach the gas tank.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X