Quick Excel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Excel Question

Is there any function that returns the name of weekdays (Monday, Sunday, etc.)?

If not, how do I do a lookup based on some calculations? Suppose I have a column containing the names of weekdays. Now when some calculations returns the number "3" how do I lookup Wednesday from that?

TIA
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW_NUM,COL_NUM))

Comment

Thanks K
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

You should use OpenOffice. Traitor.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Assuming cell A1 is "Nov-29-2005",

=WEEKDAY(A1)
          will the day-of-week value of 3

=TEXT(WEEKDAY(A1), "dddd")
          will return "Tuesday"

Edit: Oh, and I agree with Asher - OpenOffice rocks.

Edit2: It's the same in OpenOffice, except that function parameters are separated by semi-colons. (i.e. =TEXT(WEEKDAY(A1); "dddd") )
          Last edited by Hot Mustard; November 29, 2005, 22:40.

Comment

I think OpenOffice is a steaming pile of horse dung best used by people who don't need to interoperate with real people and businesses.

I'm mocking UR for using MS Office when he tells everyone else to use OpenOffice.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              I think OpenOffice is a steaming pile of horse dung best used by people who don't need to interoperate with real people and businesses.

I'm mocking UR for using MS Office when he tells everyone else to use OpenOffice.
              I know.

Comment

Such an opinion is strange, seeing how it came from somebody who had no real working experience.

Clown.

That's not for me, that's a question from somebody else.

Comment

Only someone clueless would call me a clown!

Comment

Working...
                  X