Swedes wowed by huge pile of logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedes wowed by huge pile of logs

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The people of Sweden have been flocking in their tens of thousands this summer to a surprise tourist attraction.

It is the world's biggest pile of tree trunks, brought down earlier this year by a freak hurricane.

The tree trunks are piled 13 metres high, in six rows, stretching for two kilometres at a disused airfield in Byholma, southern Sweden.

Lorries haul timber around-the-clock - and more than 2,000 tourists a day come to watch the giant cranes in action.

Tourists stand soaked to the skin in the mud, riveted by the sight.

Soon the disused runway will be full and the timber will sit here for two years before, no doubt, being turned into self-assembly furniture. And that is when the fun stops.

It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Soon you shall all be flooded by low quality self assembled furniture bahahaha.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

damn that's a lot of logs!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

someone should set them on fire to warm the tourists... yeah, to warm the tourists.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

OMFG!!! WOOD!
          What?

Comment

Ah - just in time. The cheap self-assembly dresser from Ikea in the boys' room is falling apart so I need to get a new one.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

My svåger was just over here and told me about it. It's typical swedish common sense. The tourists are an odd byproduct.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

is there anything else to see in Sweden? I think not.

Comment

Canadians are probably p1ssed
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    is there anything else to see in Sweden? I think not.
                    I heard some lumberjacks from Australia had gone all the way to Sweden just to see it. I bet it gave them a hard log
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

IKEA will rule the world!
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Apparently IKEA got a hold of Bush's hurricane generator.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm sorry, but a hurricane generator would be AWESOME.
                          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

That makes me sorry too.
                            What?

Comment

Herregud

Comment

Working...
                              X