Hizbulla attack on Israel goes unnoticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hizbulla attack on Israel goes unnoticed

This week on monday, Hezbullah attempted a combined attack on an Israeli city on the border with Lebanon, and several Israeli posts, in an attempt to kidnap a soldier.

Luckaly, the event was foiled by weary IDF soldiers, and thus it has gone unnoticed.

In a few months, people will still claim that "Hezbullah is no longer a threat, and hasn't been agressive at all since 2000"

For further reading:

Hizbullah bombards northern Israel Monday afternoon; 12 Israelis hurt, several terrorists killed in apparent attempt to abduct IDF troops. Army responds with artillery fire, Air Force fighter jets bomb Hizbullah targets in Lebanon
    Sharon Roffe Ofir

A day of fighting in the North: Twelve Israeli soldiers and civilians were hurt in one of the most ferocious Hizbullah offensives on the northern border since the IDF’s withdrawal from Lebanon in 2000.

Two soldiers sustained serious wounds in the attack, but their condition improved later in the evening. Meanwhile, at least five terrorists were killed in gunfights with IDF troops.

The offensive began around 3 p.m. Monday with a heavy barrage of mortar shells and Katyusha rockets directed at Mount Dov army posts and residential communities in the area. Following the strike, northern Israel residents were instructed to take cover in bomb shelters for the first time since Israel’s withdrawal from Lebanon.

DF Northern Command officials estimate the heavy rocket fire was intended to distract army forces while a Hizbullah terror cell infiltrated Israel using all-terrain vehicles with the intension of abducting soldiers. Hizbullah members opened fire in all directions in an attempt to create mayhem and kidnap a soldier from an IDF base located in the village of Rajar. At least four terrorists were killed in the ensuing shootout.

An hour after the incident, other terrorists approached an IDF post in the Mount Dov area and opened fire at soldiers. At least one terrorist was killed in that incident.
    [...]

Hizbullah bombards northern Israel Monday afternoon; 12 Israelis hurt, several terrorists killed in apparent attempt to abduct IDF troops. Army responds with artillery fire, Air Force fighter jets bomb Hizbullah targets in Lebanon

And then Hezbullah admits of intention to kidnap soldiers:

Speaking at funeral of three terrorists, Hassan Nasrallah says more martyrs waiting their turn
    Hanan Greenberg

The bodies of three Hizbullah terrorists killed in a clash with an IDF force near the border village of Rajar on Monday were handed over to Lebanon on Friday.

During the three terrorists’ funeral in Beirut Friday afternoon, Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah said “it’s our duty and natural right to abduct soldiers.”

“Those martyrs were killed, but many others are still waiting their turn. Hizbullah members would not forget any prisoner in Israeli jails and would not agree to any Israeli violation on the ground,” he said.

“We won’t renounce our right and duty to assist Syria and Iran, which helped us against the Israeli occupation,” Nasrallah added amid “death to Israel, death to the U.S.” chants from the crowd.

Earlier, Israel decided to respond favorably to the Lebanese request to return the terrorists' bodies, hoping the move would help "ease tensions" in the region.

The terrorists were killed when they infiltrated Israel in a bid to abduct an Israeli soldier. One of the gunmen was killed in Lebanese territory, but the bodies of the other three remained in Israel's hands until Friday.
    [...]

Speaking at funeral of three terrorists, Hassan Nasrallah says more martyrs waiting their turn

Man, screw that, a more interesting topic: what's up with all the hick arab wannabe gangsters that swarm the city? Carmel central became a ****ing warzone friday night. We had to fight it over after a friend of mine was punched ( but the the mf'ers got themselves a new ******* torn ) - but still, there was like 20 guys fighting us and an entire village of them coming out of every hole.

When did the Russians lose this city?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

fires caused by space heaters have killed more people than Hezbullah in the last year...

WHO IS THE BIGGER THREAT!!!?!??!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Hizbulla attack on Israel goes unnoticed

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
        Luckaly, the event was foiled by weary IDF soldiers, and thus it has gone unnoticed.
        Actually the UN, in a rare moment of perspicacity, did notice:

Following intense US pressure, the United Nations Security Council on Wednesday issued an unprecedented condemnation of Monday's Hizbullah attacks on northern Israel.

This condemnation - slamming Hizbullah by name for "acts of hatred" - marked the first time the Security Council has ever reprimanded Hizbullah for cross-border attacks on Israel. The condemnation followed by two days a failed attempt to get a condemnation issued on Monday, the day of the attack, when Algeria came out against any mention of Hizbullah in the statement.

When asked what changed from Monday to Wednesday, one diplomatic official replied: "John Bolton," a reference to the US ambassador to the UN. Bolton lobbied vigorously for the passage of the statement.
        Israeli officials expressed satisfaction that the statement did not include any attempt to "balance it," referring to Israel's response to the Hizbullah attack, and that for the first time ever it placed full responsibility for the violence on Hizbullah's shoulders.
        Breaking news about Satellite from The Jerusalem Post. Read the latest updates on Satellite including articles, videos, opinions and more.

Hezbollah
        UN's condemnation
        John Bolton
        IDF
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Gotta love the neutral tone of the article
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Firstly, it's an Israeli paper so don't be surprised. How the tone is inappropriate, however, is beyond me.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

All right I've had just about enough. Can we finally get ISO to standardize the bloody mid east names, surnames, nicknames and related es? Is it Hezbollah or Hisbollah? I wish journalists finally make up their mind.

Comment

Omar Qadaffi

Muammar Kadaffi

Khadaffi

Gadaffi

Ghadaffi

Qoran
                Koran
                Quran
                Kuran
                Q'oran

Mecca
                Mekka
                Makka

The diffculties in transliteration. korean is even worse:

Kaeseong
                Gaesong
                Gaeseong

Kimpo Airport
                Gimpo Airport

Incheon
                Inchon
                In'ch'eon
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Bejing ... Peking ...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

owned ... pwned ...
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

shuddup... shut up

Comment

what about stfu and shaddup?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          owned ... pwned ...
                          You forgot the "owned" vs. "0wn3d" dilemma.
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Forgot "Qu'ran".
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              fires caused by space heaters have killed more people than Hezbullah in the last year...

WHO IS THE BIGGER THREAT!!!?!??!
                              Space heaters, but I don't know anybody in space so I don't care much about that.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                              X