No announcement yet.

Tech help - desktop hijacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How else could I participate in desktop threads?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Ah, now I understand your desperation.

Hope you get it sorted out somehow. If not, buy a nice poster for the wall above your screen and look at that.

Comment

Did you already start downloading linux?
        money sqrt evil;
        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

I think I'll put everyone who makes "funny" comments in this thread on ignore.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            Not that this is particularly helpful, I know, but why do you want a picture on your desktop? I always keep all my windows maximized, Alt-Tab between them, and use the Win-key to access the program menu to open new ones. I never see my desktop background except maybe once a week upon re-booting.
            Depends what pic you are using - I occationally fold down all windows and relax for a couple of minutes with this :
            Attached Files
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

or something like this

Comment

Nah, I have a mirror if I want that
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                  I think I'll put everyone who makes "funny" comments in this thread on ignore.
                  Oh, it's desktop hijackung thread. Sorry, I thought it's desktop threadjacking one.
                  money sqrt evil;
                  My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

You have a whole lot of crap running in the background there.

Some suspicious ones:

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
                    Should be explorer.exe, for example.

O21 - SSODL: SysTray.Exbr - {6368D1FC-6F5C-4f1b-B164-E67214F678E9} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hbfhjfjd.dll
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I had an additional rundll32.exe in the Windows\Prefetch folder, which I deleted.

The folder also contains alot of files with names like RUNDLL32.EXE-1340EF7F.pf - should I kill those too?

Comment

These people may be able to help you (these are proven places):

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help: One of the last bastions of computer security warriors and healers. Bring your troubled PC here for top-of-the-line help with Malware Analysis and Removal by our trained professionals. This forum is only for those seeking aide with Malware removal. For security purposes, only authorized personnel may respond to requests for assistance.

Comment

Working...
                        X