Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Ugliest Dog Dies at 14

Wed Nov 23, 2:47 PM ET

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Sam, the tiny dog whose hairless body and crooked teeth earned him a reputation as the World's Ugliest Dog, has died.

The pooch died Friday, just short of his 15th birthday, his owner said.

"I don't think there'll ever be another Sam," Susie Lockheed said, adding: "Some people would think that's a good thing."

Sam won the ugliest dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fair this summer for the third year in a row. The pedigreed Chinese crested had made appearances on TV in Japan, radio in New Zealand and in Britain's Daily Mirror tabloid. He also had met Donald Trump on a talk show set.

Lockheed said she initially was terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue dog six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Later, however, Sam became a matchmaker by bringing together Lockheed and her current beau, who saw a picture of the two on an online dating site.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after she learned Sam's heart was failing.

She said she's felt a little lost ever since, and is sleeping with Sam's favorite toy — a stuffed bear he picked up and carried home.

I hope there are no pups.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I hope it aged badly, cause otherwise, it must have been a puppy even its mother would want to kill.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

BLARGH

it's breakfast time! I'm eating! get that thing out of my screen!
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Wow. Simply wow. Thats ugly

Comment

I don't see how this is news. I'm sure the family loved Sam's personality very dearly. The dog seemed awfully well-mannered for it to be abel to get through all those TV appearances.

It lived a good life, I'm sure.

Comment

Sonoma-Marin
            WHOOO root for the home team!

14 isn't very old for a dog, is it? Seems likely its ugliness was probably related to some other health problems.
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Woohoo. I like the rot in hell sentiment, but I don't think it would rot, looking at it. It will walk the earth as a zombiedog...it would probably improve it's looks too
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Certainly new meaning to the term 'dog ugly'.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Oh yeah.
                  Kalius, you wouldn't recognize a point if you saw one. Feel the top of your head for reference.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Woohoo. I like the rot in hell sentiment
                    Aren't you the guy who whined about people who exercise as being "body fascists?" And yet you think a dog which was otherwise known to be sweet and loving should "rot in hell" just for being physically ugly?

I feel sympathy for the owner. It's tough losing a loved pet.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                    X