Good Bye Forever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Bye Forever!

Well, it's back to Wilmaland, where I still have no internet access from home, and no Poly access from work.

Life after the hurricane still isn't back to normal. Many traffic lights are still out, few pedestrian lights are working. All the people who couldn't take the train are still driving because they discovered that being stuck in traffic for an hour and a half is better than spending two and a half hours on the bus and train. My forty minute communte has become an hour or more. We still have no windows in the bedroom, just boards (and my landlord had the temerity to raise the rent!)

Still, it's better than living in the North, where it's cold, and with snow. Hah hah suckers!

Lord only knows when I'll see y'all ag'in.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Still, it's better than living in the North, where it's cold, and with snow. Hah hah suckers!
    I'll take snow over 100mph winds anyday.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Same here. Snow at least looks nice.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I'm not sure yet if it's the right Che - the acidious level seems to be correct, but should we take the risk ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If not dealing with you is the price I have to pay to live in paradise, so be it.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Actually, it's getting awful boring without you people. Then again, judging by the last two times I've been on (including this time) since the storm, I haven't been missing much.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              If not dealing with you is the price I have to pay to live in paradise, so be it.
              Paradise?

The place with high crime, inhumane humidity, and a Bush governor? Hah...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ft. Lauderdale doesn't have high crime (at least not more so than compared to the rest of the U.S.), the humidity is good for your skin, and Bush isn't as stupid as his brother and is a halfway decent environmentalist. He's been very good about restoring the Everglades and keeping opil drilling away from our shores. Sure, he helped overthrow our democracy, but he's not all bad.

Comment

And when the wind is a 100 miles an hour here, it least it isn't freezing and blowing snow around.

Comment

Why does it matter when it destroys thing?

Destruction vs snow. mmm...

Comment

Snow destroys things.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It seems that you are the right Che and have fought off the imposter that has ravaged in other threads - though, sad that you have to move to an area without internet connection - you have been missed
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Paradise wouldn't have had 8 hurricanes whisk thru in a little over a year.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

It seems that you are the right Che and have fought off the imposter that has ravaged in other threads - though, sad that you have to move to an area without internet connection - you have been missed
                            Nay, but for 1 post it were the real Che- although maybe jet lag and climate shock temporarily humbled him.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                              Paradise wouldn't have had 8 hurricanes whisk thru in a little over a year.
                              Well, maybe If god knew that Che was hiding there

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X