Restoring my faith in US school system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring my faith in US school system

Balances out the Intelligent Design stuff i guess...

BENNINGTON, Vermont (AP) -- A high school teacher is facing questions from administrators after giving a vocabulary quiz that included digs at President Bush and the extreme right.

One example:
    "I wish Bush would be (coherent, eschewed) for once during a speech, but there are theories that his everyday diction charms the below-average mind, hence insuring him Republican votes."

"Coherent" is the right answer.
    What?

Which faith would that be? Neo-conservative Protestantism?

This kind of thing should be standard, if only to get the kids interested in the news. I think the questions (well, in particular the digs) should be as balanced as possible, but still - this is far better than having questions that only relate to vocabulary in mundane, fictional, surroundings.

Comment

Re: Restoring my faith in US school system

Nope.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yep.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          Yep.
          Nope.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Strong arguments there but the jury's still out.
            What?

Comment

Well, didn't know you wanted serious arguments.

One thing is to joke about some politician - that's always fun. Comparing that with the impact of ID getting a foothold/legacy in schools is a totally different thing. A joke is a joke - ID is dangerous.

Oh - I really hope that teachers saying stupid things as mentioned claims that it was meant as a joke - otherwise fire their sorry ass - they have no place in a school (I would have said the same about teachers mentioning that other presidents special handling of his cigars).

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                Well, didn't know you wanted serious arguments.
                I didn't. I was commenting on your debating style.
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

I didn't. I was commenting on your debating style.
                  Well, I just sinked down to the level of the OT - you can't say that that is bad debating style

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Gee, I remember teachers remarking that they were glad that President Kennedy was dead. No one made a fuss.

LBJ got'em back by integrating their schools.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

brainwashing by the left.

of course the right does it as well, but that doesn't make it right. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Comment

Funny Dis, but that's exactly true...heh
                        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          Yep.
                          Sorry Ted, but

Originally posted by BlackCat
                          Nope.
                          Nothing can balance out the ID travesty except it being completely banished from all public school science classes.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            Gee, I remember teachers remarking that they were glad that President Kennedy was dead. No one made a fuss.

LBJ got'em back by integrating their schools.
                            Obviously you weren't in a Catholic school.
                            All the nuns cried for weeks.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Considering this happened in Bennington, I'm surprized anyone objected.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X