Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Gov't agency has jurisdiciton over consumer fraud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Gov't agency has jurisdiciton over consumer fraud?

I am wondering which government agency has jurisdiction over consumer fraud? If I just send a conplaint to the US Attourney General will it get to the right agency? This game does not work on many systems that meet the minimun requirements. This is clearly a case of consumer fraud.

The only way to deter this kind of crap is if those that do this sort of thing feel some heat,

This product crashes all the time. No other program I have encountered has ever been so bad it cannot operate more than 15 minutes. 2k Games had to have known its product was faulty.

I don't think anyone has modded consumer fraud into the game yet.

That would be pretty sweet though!

And the USAG as a Great Person...

Ooh, the possibilities!

Comment

I love it when idiots who have no clue as to the law say things like, oh, "this is clearly a case of consumer fraud."

Go buy a clue, but I suspect you'd be unhappy with that purchase as well.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Which Gov't agency has jurisdiciton over consumer fraud?

Originally posted by Ramble
        This product crashes all the time.
        Just curious - did you try to sue Microsoft for consumer fraud as well? I asked because Windows, esp. the earlier versions, crashed all the time.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Which Gov't agency has jurisdiciton over consumer fraud?

I am wondering which government agency has jurisdiction over consumer fraud? If I just send a conplaint to the US Attourney General will it get to the right agency? This game does not work on many systems that meet the minimun requirements. This is clearly a case of consumer fraud.

The only way to deter this kind of crap is if those that do this sort of thing feel some heat,

This product crashes all the time. No other program I have encountered has ever been so bad it cannot operate more than 15 minutes. 2k Games had to have known its product was faulty.
          Consumer law is a state issue- look up your local laws. Going to the feds won't work. If you realy don't know, contact your local pol, either state, or even your congressmember, and complain to them. Probably much quicker than writing to the Justice Department.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Better yet, once into the modern era, 'barbarian' units should be represented by roving bands of marauding lawyers.

Once the internet wonder is built, there should be a good chance of a 'pirate' unit randomly spawning anywhere. There will be only one at any time on a given landmass, the unit will have a phenomenal move rate, but only steals media resources - music, hit movies, etc. Additionally, if it should pass by a city, there should be a small chance for any media-related buildings to be sabotaged/demolished.

To counter this, civs must build a national wonder, an RIAA Centre. This building allows you to create an RIAA Agent unit, which has one less movement rate than the pirate. Only these units are able to counter the pirates.

Comment

hahahahhahahaha!!!
              too funny!!!!
              Originally posted by Stone-D
              Better yet, once into the modern era, 'barbarian' units should be represented by roving bands of marauding lawyers.

Once the internet wonder is built, there should be a good chance of a 'pirate' unit randomly spawning anywhere. There will be only one at any time on a given landmass, the unit will have a phenomenal move rate, but only steals media resources - music, hit movies, etc. Additionally, if it should pass by a city, there should be a small chance for any media-related buildings to be sabotaged/demolished.

To counter this, civs must build a national wonder, an RIAA Centre. This building allows you to create an RIAA Agent unit, which has one less movement rate than the pirate. Only these units are able to counter the pirates.

bleh

Comment

FEC - Federal election commission

Comment

Re: Re: Which Gov't agency has jurisdiciton over consumer fraud?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Just curious - did you try to sue Microsoft for consumer fraud as well? I asked because Windows, esp. the earlier versions, crashed all the time.
                  That essentially makes my point. A software company pumped out a faulty product and nothing happened. Now other companies are following suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    I love it when idiots who have no clue as to the law say things like, oh, "this is clearly a case of consumer fraud."

Go buy a clue, but I suspect you'd be unhappy with that purchase as well.
                    I love it when someone loves a computer game so completely they will stay up all night and attack anyone who dares to criticize "The Creator".

Comment

Re: Re: Which Gov't agency has jurisdiciton over consumer fraud?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

What a world we live in when such a poster is a moderator at an otherwise decently respectable site.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I love it when someone loves a computer game so completely they will stay up all night and attack anyone who dares to criticize "The Creator".
                        It has nothing to do with loving a computer game, but rather loathing those who spout off ignorance about the law and what constitutes fraud.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Fraud would be like an actual lie, meant to make money solely off the lie.

I don't know if there's ever a promise from a publisher that a title on a machine of certain requirements will DEFINITELY work, but regardless, at worst in this case Firaxis is incompetent.

Real fraud would be like selling a fancy game box filled with pencil shavings.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Which Gov't agency has jurisdiciton over consumer fraud?

Originally posted by Asher

What a world we live in when such a poster is a moderator at an otherwise decently respectable site.

OMG HE BASHED MICROSOFT!!!1
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

It has more to do with him taking his bull**** rhetoric everywhere he goes, even when the thread has no bearing or relation to it. He's a run-by troll without anything between the ears, and it's grating.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X