Prussia, Prussians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prussia, Prussians

Is it accurate to say that Prussia and the ethnic group known as Prussians no longer exists?
    I need a foot massage

Good question!

I thought that Germans were all relocated out of Poland after World War 2.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm still claiming Prussian ethnicity and the von Boeckermann's settled in South Australia 150 years ago

Comment

Actually... make that over 150 years ago. My ancestors were refugees of the Prussian persecution of Lutherans.

Comment

So I'm only of criminal stock on one side of my family. The other side were heretics

Comment

Prussian ethnicity died out in the middle ages (wiped out by the Teutonic Order).

If we're talking "Prussian Germans" as I would call them, well their culture and accent are lost now aren't they?

Dracon, that makes you an ethnic Caucasian. Now, as for anthropological heritage, that's a different question.

Both old Prussians and new Prussians, it's all dead now.

Comment

Yeah, and those early Prussians were Baltic (Slavonic?) people called "Pruzzen" in German.

Prussia is more "living memory" now, the last regional state in Germany called Prussia was abolished after WWII. The region of East-Prussia belongs to Poland now.

Let's rename Brandenburg to Prussia to annoy those Bavarians.
              Blah

Comment

"Pruzzen", does that mean that etymology doesn't contain the word "Russian"?

Comment

No it does not. Prussians were as Russian as Lithuanians are/were (meaning, NOT russian).
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I didn't mean the origin of the people, but the word. Russians aren't named for themselves either, "Rus" was the name of some Viking tribe or chieftain that traveled the big rivers and settled in Ukraine.

Comment

Here it is:

"native or inhabitant of Prussia;" 1560s (adj.), "of or pertaining to Prussia;" from… See origin and meaning of prussian.

Prussian
                      1554, from Prussia, from M.L. Borussi, Prusi, Latinized forms of the native name of the Lithuanian people who lived there before being conquered 12c. and exterminated by German crusaders who replaced them. Perhaps from Slavic *Po-Rus "(The Land) Near the Rusi" (Russians).

Comment

Dracon, that makes you an ethnic Caucasian.
                        No such thing as Caucasians as an race, unless you are talking about people who live in the Caucasian mountains.
                        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Hehe... wasn't being serious. I'm just a pasty faced white fella living in a place that was never meant for pasty faced white fellas to live.

Comment

In that case ethnic Australian. NOT ethnic German unless he lives in an Amish settlement

Comment

Weren't the Prussians/Lithuanians the last ethnicity in Europe to become Christians (1300's, IIRC)?

Comment

Working...
                              X