No announcement yet.

My Defense? Everyone does it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wats the problem with getting 9 millions from the president of gabon?
    I need a foot massage

Comment

Selling influence, and there's no way in hell the Bushies dont get kickbacks in some way.

Comment

9 million to short circuit the process of going to the State Department and the White House in order to schedule a meeting with the President is worth it. Have you ever tried to schedule a tour of the White House? It's nearly impossible.

And I bet that Abramoff kept 90% of that 9 million. Lobbyists will pay the bare minimum out in terms of overhead, labor, etc. so they get to keep the rest. If there were monetary kickbacks I'd be highly surprised. No sane lobbyist hands cash to anyone especially with so many eyes on the Administration. If there are kickbacks/rewards, they come in the form of dinners, trips, golf outings, receptions, etc. (i.e. Bob Ney).
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

wats the problem with getting 9 millions from the president of gabon?

Not a problem at all. I get e-mails from his family on the issue all the time.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Bongo meets Bush

yes, his name is Bongo
              I need a foot massage

Comment

"Man, you have black people in africa, too?"
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

9 million to short circuit the process of going to the State Department and the White House in order to schedule a meeting with the President is worth it. Have you ever tried to schedule a tour of the White House? It's nearly impossible.
                    WH tours are not $9 mill meetings with the president set up by GOP cronies, but whether or not its worth it kinda depends on the purpose of the meeting. Those Indians shelled out millions to these people and apparently got nothing but separated from their money.

And I bet that Abramoff kept 90% of that 9 million. Lobbyists will pay the bare minimum out in terms of overhead, labor, etc. so they get to keep the rest.
                    I doubt it, his meal ticket are the people in the WH and they're not about to help their buddy make all that money and not get a significant share of the booty.

If there were monetary kickbacks I'd be highly surprised. No sane lobbyist hands cash to anyone especially with so many eyes on the Administration. If there are kickbacks/rewards, they come in the form of dinners, trips, golf outings, receptions, etc. (i.e. Bob Ney).
                    C'mon, there are so many ways for money to be pilfered or washed it doesn't take a lobbyist brown bagging it in the WH. If the Prez of Gabon has a pressing issue with our Prez, why in the hell is he paying $9 mill for a meeting to a "friend" of the GOP? This reminds me of Clinton issuing a pardon to Marc Rich after his presidential library got wads of money from Rich's wife. What a bunch of crooks...

As someone said, whats disgusting in Washington is not ongoing illegalities, its what is legal.

Comment

OMG THE BRAIN IS BACK

Comment

Brains are an illusion caused by too much dopamine.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I'm talking about a collective social illusion.

Comment

The United State Congress, The Best Money can Buy.
                            Think about it for a minutes, when is the last time, our Government or Congress sign off on a bill that HELP the avenger American citizen.

Comment

They don't.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                                The United State Congress, The Best Money can Buy.
                                Think about it for a minutes, when is the last time, our Government or Congress sign off on a bill that HELP the avenger American citizen.
                                Do you mean Captain Avenger? I can't think of a single occasion.
                                He's got the Midas touch.
                                But he touched it too much!
                                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                                X