Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire of Hate - André Glucksmann

Edited:

Here a text by a french philosopher: André Glucksmann. He writed many books about the danger of nihilist pattern of thinking in our world.

International, Economie, Environnement … La référence, partout, tout le temps.

About the nihilistics behave of french diplomacy:

"French diplomacy behave in an harmfull way in the international scene. Yesterday it was in good term with Saddam, today is it with Poutine. On some day she called resistants, the "killers" of Bagdad."
    **( He write a book on the Tchechen conflict)

"... Similar nihilism option exerts his devastations inside..... The rioters really come from our country. They are citizen of a country where blows the wind of hate."

see ya
    Last edited by CrONoS; November 21, 2005, 23:20.
    bleh

Spiffor? Can you help us out?
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

.... Sorry to not translate the text. You better use altavista to translate it, than to read my translation....

See ya

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      Spiffor? Can you help us out?
      bleh

Comment

Either translate it... or this thread is toast. We do not allow non english threads. It's that simple.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What about the regular Suomithreads? Accursed Finns...
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Why is my country overrun by ****ing philosophers?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico

good question
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Why is my country overrun by ****ing philosophers?

Physicists are deserting us, that's why!!!
                What?

Comment

I'm coming back. As long as you dirty frenchies don't sell my country out from under me, that is.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I post in those threads... but then I just post jibberish

ieiiiiii'e'e'e'e'e'e'e'e'e'yu'''''''''''''''''oiu
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'll put in a motion at the next PQ convention that any referendum should be put on hold until you're back. Not that we'd count your vote anyway, but...
                      What?

Comment

Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

I'm too tired, and I hate this Glucksmann scum too much for putting the effort of reading this piece. I've been put off right at the beginning of the second paragraph, when he BAMed that all rioters mourn the death of two young gangstas while caring nothing at all about the victims of the riots.

If the article remains in the same vein after that, I won't achieve anything by reading it, I'll just be angry.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Brûler des véhicules vides est un délit. Enflammer des bus pleins, vider sous les passagers des bidons d'essence et craquer une allumette est un crime. Faut-il être philosophe pour distinguer les violences contre les choses et la terreur contre les personnes ? Un seuil a été franchi. Voici venue l'heure du nihilisme. Il prend au sérieux un slogan jusqu'alors fantaisiste : "Nique tout !

Burning empty vehicles is an offence. Setting fire to full buses, emptying cans of petrol on the passengers and striking a match is a crime. Do you have to be a philosopher to distinguish between acts of violence against things, and terrorism directed at people? A threshold has been crossed. This is the time of nihilism. It takes seriously as its slogan something that heretofore has been in the realms of fantasy: "f*** everything!"

Sorry, but I really can't be bothered to translate any more right now. There's the first paragraph for you though.

Spiffor, can you mark this please?
                            Have I lost my touch?

Comment

I've read that tripe (I had 10 mins to waste before updating Ogame). It's a political piece and not a philosophical one. It basically gives the legitimacy of a famous intellectual to Sarkozy's ideas.

There is nothing deep in this article. There is one or two sentences about each idea, tops. It is an unorganized rant about French society and French policies.

There is one idea that has merit (although I imagine it's not cronos_qc's aim in this thread, as he wants to speak about nihilism), which is that the riots don't indicate a failure of integration, but a success of integration. Like the other ideas, it is not developed any significantly, but at least Glucksmann raises a valid question. In that regard, it's quite different with the rest of the article, where he merely parrots a vulgar ideology.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X