Time Cube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Cube?

The Truth About EVERYTHING! (warning: site may cause brain damage and/or eyeball explosion)

I'm sure this nifty idea can't be news to all of you; it's been spoofed on somethingawful, and even lectured on (probably as a joke) at MIT. I include the link mostly for those unfortunates who have not encountered Nature's Harmonious Simultaneous 4-Day Time Cube.

I started this thread not just to provide another oddity to chuckle at, but in the hopes that, between all the minds on 'Poly, of many different, ah, ideological orientations, there just might be somebody who has some idea what Gene Ray is talking about (or trying to, anyway).

And yes, this man is almost certainly a paranoid schizophrenic, and his ramblings in that sense are meaningless. You might say you have better uses for your time than unravelling the tangled logic of a lunatic. However, if you're on poly, that assertion is probably not true. It's not nice to lie.

Anyway, while the man is bonkers, he is apparently far more lucid in person than his webpage makes him out to be. Many observers of the MIT lecture concluded that the man actually had a distinct ideology, he just lacked words to express it. Which is not to say that said ideology is useful or correct, just that, based on certain probably-unwarranted assumptions, it could function as a way of looking at the world. Much like the Four Humors theory of medicine, or Pythagorean religion, it is almost certainly idiotic but not necessarily entirely meaningless.

For starters, what do you suppose the significance is of there being four days? Do you think he's suggesting that we could quadruple our productivity by starting time-zone-based production lines? Or his he just advocating the forced relocation of human beings to their ethnic places of origin, as some sort of moral issue?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

It seems that he believes that the earth is in a "cube of time" and that as it revolves, it's the "time cube" that shows/creates the passage of time.

Think of a ball inside a box. That's the Earth in the Time Cube.

Comment

That would be the simplest explanation, but he's claimed in interviews and such that he's describing a property of the physical universe, not just an object around the Earth.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well, I am but a mere mortal while he is the Time Cube guy. I do what I can.

Comment

indeed

GOD IS CORNERED AS A QUEER.

GENE RAY, CUBIC

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I demand that the Time Cube be taught in science and math classes as a legitimate alternative to the current, questionable curriculum. Call it "Intelligent Cubism"
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Cubic Design is such a better philosophy. Splitter!

Comment

God = Hate of Children.
                God denies a childhood.
                Worship of Word is Evil,
                for it 'counterfeits' Deed
                and teaches Liar is God.

You're Educated Stupid.
                1 Corner Academic 'self'
                is "lowest" human form. It
                "degradates"4/16 family life
                and destroys all villages.

Behold, the Master speaketh!

Comment

Philosophy? So you freely admit Cubic Design is about religion? Ha, Intelligent Cubism is about scientifical disagreement and alternative viewpointalism, not wishy-washy stuporstitions.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Babble Power is suicidal
                    !

"I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                      Philosophy? So you freely admit Cubic Design is about religion? Ha, Intelligent Cubism is about scientifical disagreement and alternative viewpointalism, not wishy-washy stuporstitions.
                      Dude, you've been educated stupid by Big Brother singularity. Your 1day God is no match for my 4day God! I mean, it's obvious the master cast out heathens such as yourself!

Why do you worship a queer 1 day God?
                      Are you content as a singularity queer?

Poor, DR.. as much of a singularity queer as was ever defined by Time Cube guy.

Comment

Good news about the MIT lecture and the
                        debate with Harvard and MIT representatives.
                        The packed house of 500 could not have been
                        better and they treated me as though I was
                        Einstein. But we all know that Einstein was
                        ignorant about the Time Cube.

it's bloody hilarious

ROFLMAO

Comment

You do know that former Master Electrician Gene Ray is "the World's Wisest Human EVER" don't you?

After all he discovered the reality of 4-Dimensional TimeCube, and has lectured at length at MIT, had a documentary made about him, is due to hold a semiar at Georgia Tech?

I think you may have been Educated Stoopid.

Time is Cubic, not Linear!!
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

This stuff is hilarious and somewhat trippy.
                            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                            X