newbie/faq section for CIV forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie/faq section for CIV forums?

I have a question for Civ IV that I'm sure has been answered. I can't find it with a seach (I have 10K in gold, is there any way to buy things in the city build queues or must I spend it in trade with other civ's?).

Are there any general game faq's and/or lower level game play forum's?

Thanks, all.

Well... you could try to read the game guide from gamespot (haven't read it myself, don't know how good it is)... but the best place to get the answer to the question would be in the Civ IV section, not the OT

But to answer your question: The only way to buy what you're building is by having the Universal Suffrage civic... or you could finish buildings by taking population if you have slavery
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Thanks. I had:

found the gamespot guide (about as good or bad as the rest)

found the detail you quoted (eventually, elsewhere)

was hoping against hope that there was another option to the specific issue (seems I should be able to spend accumulated gold at my discretion, at whatever rate penalty, much earlier in the game).

I really wanted use this as a start towards lobbying for FAQ's for the newbies (me)

Thanks for your info in any case.

Comment

The only way to be able to buy buildings early in the game is by building the Pyramids, since it allows you to change to that civic

Comment

Re: newbie/faq section for CIV forums?

Originally posted by FinnMacCool
          I have a question for Civ IV that I'm sure has been answered. I can't find it with a seach (I have 10K in gold, is there any way to buy things in the city build queues or must I spend it in trade with other civ's?).

Are there any general game faq's and/or lower level game play forum's?

Thanks, all.
          You need to be in the "Universal Suffrage" civic. Until then, you can't buy anything in your cities.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Or just use it to upgrade all your units.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
              The only way to be able to buy buildings early in the game is by building the Pyramids, since it allows you to change to that civic
              The Pyramids now is almost not worth building. Unlike previous games, you can't switch to a civic that you don't have the prerequisite for.
              Last edited by Urban Ranger; November 20, 2005, 21:04.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, I love you even though you're wrong.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  UR, I love you even though you're wrong.
                  The Pyramids still allows you to use Universal Suffrage. Maybe that alone is worth the cost to you. I dunno
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I like the Pyramids, being able to change to Universal Suffrage or Police State a long time before anybody else is a nice bonus

Comment

Best yet you get those great engineer points before forges or anything else. Great engineer leaders
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm not posting in this thread until it is moved to Civ4 General so that I can get +1s
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Too late
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

damn...
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes, not being able to use gold early takes the fun out of getting it from your first couple of huts.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X